It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Intel Core i7 CPU Water Block Roundup Oktober 2009 Intel Core i7 CPU Water Block Roundup Oktober 2009
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel Core i7 CPU Water Block Roundup Oktober 2009

Old 18th October 2009, 21:05   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Intel Core i7 CPU Water Block Roundup Oktober 2009

Here we are again, with some brand new water blocks to cool your Nehalem or Lynnfield monster CPU. We got some strong contenders this time, which will give the blocks, that we already tested, a serious run for their money. In total 7 new blocks delivered to us thanks to Aquatuning. We compare performance to 6 blocks we previously tested. Find out which one cools your CPU the best!

http://www.madshrimps.be/gotoartik.php?articID=959
Old 28th October 2009, 13:48   #2
S3th

Just had to sign up just to post this comment.

Thank you!

Must have been hard work benching so many blocks... and doing them all again just due to change of thermal paste. Thorough to say the least...

Though I am new to watercooling this is the only article I have found that tests this many waterblocks. This will sure help me in buying the right block for me.

Are there any other sources available like this?

None the less. Just felt like after all that hard work you deserved at least one thank you .

And I hope that you will expand this article over time so that it could be a big buyers guide almost... Covering as many waterblocks with real tested data as possible? Or does this exist already? Would be a major way for madshrimps to become even more unique?
Old 28th October 2009, 14:05   #3
Madshrimp

hi there, the author and tester Leeghoofd definitely deserves some praise for his hard work I agree
I don't know his exact plans when it comes to water blocks as he's learning along the way, but I would not rule out a standardized test setup on which to test a multitude of blocks.

For reference, here's another trustworthy source with some quality blocks compared http://vapor.skinneelabs.com/i7/Roun...i7Overall.html
Old 28th October 2009, 20:17   #4
[M] Reviewer

leeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registered

Thx Seth for the nice comment, I try to keep the roundups as simple as possible. The link from Jmke is the expert style, with flow charts and stuff... that's for the real die hards. Note also that they test with dual and triple pumps to get really the last degree out of the blocks. I prefer to stick to one popular pump to keep things understandable... and a sort of more european setup...

Thx for reading sir !
Old 28th October 2009, 23:32   #5
S3th

Well i'll try to read closer who the author is next time .
Old 31st October 2009, 09:27   #6
JimmyJump

Excellent round-up, thank you very much.

Here's a suggestion for a test-rig, ready to use and manufactured by some experts: the CoolerMaster Testbench
Old 31st October 2009, 09:38   #7
[M] Reviewer

leeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registeredleeghoofd Fully Registered

Dimastech test bench arrived on friday (pictures will follow soon

Thanks for the nice comment
Old 31st October 2009, 09:40   #8
Madshrimp

after my test of CM Testbench you take it for a spin to compare findings
Old 31st October 2009, 19:17   #9
Pardons

using custom testbench here
pics will follow .
Old 8th November 2009, 17:52   #10
[M] Reviewer