It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Howto Connect your PC to your TV (TV-Out in action!) Howto Connect your PC to your TV (TV-Out in action!)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Howto Connect your PC to your TV (TV-Out in action!)

Old 9th June 2005, 16:59   #51
cave

No, i couldn't try the connection with other tv. But even so i was trying to know if my connection was exactly as you explained in your diagram, i.e., i didn't connect the audio yet, but with the image, i'm using a 4 pin s-video cable on both sides connecting between my laptop and the adpator, and using the scart output of the adaptor directly in the "av->1" or the "av->2" of my tv. Both the tv and the ati graphic card are set to PAL B, G which is the correct system, so not a problem over there. I have seriously doubts about the cables, since they are absolutely new (although they weren't tested in the store because they came in closed boxes). My Tv is also new and the adaptor has all the 20 pins in the scart output. Also i even tryed to connect both the upper pins of the s-video cable (this is if you have a 4 pin s-video cable and you), the upper pins are like this:

--

Because as a user "TheRippa" of one forum stated, this connects the luminance and chrominance of the signal. So I connected these 2 pins with some kind of wire around them in the end of the cable before i insert the cable in the adaptor. It corrected his problem of seeing black&white but it didn't worked for me!!

Tanx!
Old 9th June 2005, 18:25   #52

DUR0N Freshly Registered

You are living in Europe right? In America it's all NTSC.

I've used this cable first:http://www.madshrimps.be/howto/Conne...-DUR0N-370.jpg
then I went from both S-video or composite to the scart block.
DUR0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2005, 11:57   #53
cave

You went from both S-video or composite to the scart block! How did you do that? Did you connect the s-video out of the pc to the s-video of the adaptor and then you connect the scart out of the adaptor to the scart entry of the Tv or you connect more than that?

Tanx!
Old 15th June 2005, 13:04   #54

DUR0N Freshly Registered

You can choose between s-video and composite on some blocks, or even connect them both. I don't recommend attaching them both at the same time, it is possible (yet unlikely) the signal loops back into your graphics card.
And it gives more distortion.
Old 22nd June 2005, 12:22   #55
cave

Hi there!

I already solved my problem thanx to this forum:

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthr...1&page=2&pp=15

I hope it helps someone else!

Thanx anyway!
Old 22nd June 2005, 13:10   #56

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by cave
Hi there!

I already solved my problem thanx to this forum:

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthr...1&page=2&pp=15

I hope it helps someone else!

Thanx anyway!
So it was just a bad cable after all?
Old 22nd June 2005, 14:17   #57
cave

Nope Duron! Not indeed! Like the forum from the link that i stated before, and like TheRippa stated, there are some TVs that cannot receive s-video through scart inputs. So, instead of buying another cable from s-video to rca or anything like that, you can connect the 2 upper pins of the s-video cable with a piece of wire around them and voilá! You get colour! Pretty simple hum?

Best wishes,

Cave!
Old 22nd June 2005, 15:00   #58
the maniak

same problem as I had

there are cables from svideo to rca which have this connection u made by yourself,
Old 22nd June 2005, 15:04   #59
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by cave
you can connect the 2 upper pins of the s-video cable with a piece of wire around them and voilá! You get colour! Pretty simple hum?
not very customer friendly in fact
Old 22nd June 2005, 16:02   #60
cave

It might not be very customer friendly, but it works and you don't need to buy another cable, you just need to connect the pins with a little piece of wire, and you get better quality than with rca.