It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Howto Connect your PC to your TV (TV-Out in action!) Howto Connect your PC to your TV (TV-Out in action!)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Howto Connect your PC to your TV (TV-Out in action!)

Old 25th February 2005, 21:44   #41
wanrosli

Yup.. I am in the UK. My TV is on AV3/S and I'm using PAL. By the way, does it make any difference to apply without reboot and to apply after reboot? because there is an option to apply without reboot. Anyway, I'm going to give this Reboot method a try. Oh, and FYI, I took my Laptop to a PC repair shop the other day and they've tested it on a Hitachi Opus TV with the exact same settings and cable that I've used and it work just fine. It just wont work on my Panasonic TX-28PM1 yet... I'm still trying...

Thanks for the respond DURON..[color=skyblue]
Old 25th February 2005, 22:17   #42

DUR0N Freshly Registered

If it works with exact the same settings on another TV, it must be something between the TV and the laptop. Try out the other AV channels on the TV, and theck out the setup menu of the tv, maybe there is something useful in there.
DUR0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2005, 08:46   #43
wanrosli

I've also tried all available AV channels on the TV (AV1,AV2,AV2/S,AV3 and AV3/S) all with same results...B&W picture. Anyway...I think I'm going to give it another day or two before I give up and sell this stupid TV of mine!! Thanks again DURON. My advice to all u guys out there....if connecting PC to TV is the main reason for you to go and buy a new TV make sure you bring you PC/Laptop and check its compatibility with the TV at the shop before buying or you'll end up like me! I cant return/exchange it because they said that the TV is not faulty since it work perfectly well with other appliances like my DVD Player and Handycam.
Old 26th February 2005, 08:53   #44
wanrosli

Oh..and there's nothing much in the TV setup menu as well. believe me...I've read and memorize every single detail of its manual hahhaaha that's how crazy people can get trying to connect PC to TV. But some lucky guys like DURON and others just make it look so simple and easy... some people also tell me that I should try connecting via a DVD Recorder but then again that would mean spending some more ££££ as well
Old 26th February 2005, 10:39   #45

DUR0N Freshly Registered

http://www.avforums.com/forums/archi...p/t-20107.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/archi...p/t-98434.html

Or maybe it's just the cable.
Old 7th June 2005, 13:10   #46
cave

Default Still Black & White

HI there,

My laptop has a 7 pin s-video output in wich i connected one end of a 4 pin s-video cable and the other end i connected to a scart adaptor just like the one in the image how-to. I only connected the s-video from the pc to the s-video entry of the adaptor as an input. And connected the output of the adapator as a scart male directly to the scart female input of the TV.

The problem is that i can only see my pc in black & white in the TV. My television supports PAL B & G, and my display definitions of my ATI graphic card is set to that kind of display, so what's wrong?

Any ideas please?

Tanx!
Old 7th June 2005, 15:39   #47

DUR0N Freshly Registered

Well, it is possible your TV is not on the right AV channel.
Also, sometimes those 7pin connectors have a different layout, and they need their own cable to work. Mostly, 7pin is S-video and composite combined in one connector, which could explain the loss of the cromatic information.
The first thing you could try is connecting the laptop to another TV (form another brand) that way, you can be sure it's not the TV.
Old 7th June 2005, 16:01   #48
cave

Ok, trying to connect to another TV migth work to see if the problem is on the TV! But should the reason of the problem of seeing in black&white caused by sending the signal out of a 7 pin s-video through a 4 pin cable? Because i believe several people are using the 4-pin cable, and they seemed to see in colour while changing to a scart connection.

By the way DURON, since you wrote the How To, how did you connect through the s-video to scart connection? Did you use a 7-pin cable? And does your adaptor contains a female 7-pin input?

Tanx!

Cave!
Old 9th June 2005, 14:18   #49
cave

Help please?

Cave!
Old 9th June 2005, 14:43   #50
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

did connecting to another TV work?