It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Eluminx Keyboard Eluminx Keyboard
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eluminx Keyboard

Old 27th May 2003, 14:14   #11
Da`Hitch

Well, I must say, I find it easier to type on my laptop than a regular keyboard.
of course, it also depends on the keyboard. for example, the board I'm using right now ( at work) is a compaq keyoard and it feels really clumsy, It really reduces my typing rate and increases the chance of making a typo.
however, when using my very own laptopkeyb, I can type pretty fast, even faster than I can using my Logitech wireless keyboard.

Well, If you really dislike the Eluminx's layout that much, feel free to send it over, I'll put it to good use

*edit* I should mention that I have fairly small hands, so the smaller size of laptopkeyboards is acutally easier for me to type simply because the keys are a bit closer together. when It comes to gaming though, nothing beats a good old-fashioned normal-sized keyboard. (but I can manage gaming on a laptopkeyboard )
Old 27th May 2003, 16:25   #12
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by Da`Hitch

Well, If you really dislike the Eluminx's layout that much, feel free to send it over, I'll put it to good use
it's already put to very good use!
jmke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2003, 09:36   #13
Da`Hitch

:'(
Life's not fair
:'(
Old 27th June 2003, 11:30   #14
Xploited Titan

I know you've done this review a while ago, but I've started to look after this keyboard for almost half a year or more.... Do you know where I can buy it at a rather cheapy price? I've contacted the 'to be'-reseller in Belgium, but he has lost contact with Auravision since several months....
Old 27th June 2003, 12:25   #15
Madshrimp

try to contact Eluminx directly, they know which resellers in .BE have this keyboard!
Old 27th June 2003, 17:23   #16
Xploited Titan

I've done this and I've contacted the guy, but he hasn't got any lifesigns from them since several months....... Not very professional, Auravision uke:
Old 29th June 2003, 22:00   #17

TerAngreal Freshly Registered

well this one could be an alternative for the eluminx keyboard: the "Sharkoon luminous keyboard" ... if i had the choice between the two of those, i'd definately go for the Sharkoon specimen

- Sharkoon already has a bit of a reputation when it comes to pc gear, but did you ever hear of eluminx/auravision before?
- the eluminx thingie is just utter crap imo
- a rather affordable pricetag of €39 at www.cosh.ag
(http://shop.erfrier.net/shop.php3?dir=430#KMKB11, scroll down)

+ it can be acquired quite easily now, just head over here!
TerAngreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2003, 00:05   #18
Madshrimp

Quote:
Originally posted by Xploited Titan
Not very professional, Auravision uke:
always had quick responses with them .. I already asked the question on where to get them in .BE some time ago, this was the reponse:

Quote:
Hello John,

EluminX keyboards are expected to be available in Belgium mid/end of July 2003 . You'll be able to source the boards either from a Belgian distributor, names will be available end of June on our web site. Suggested retail price is between EUR 110,00 and 120,00.

Best regards,
Old 30th June 2003, 11:52   #19
Scyver

asked them yesterday got an answer today... fast service I must say

Quote:
Dear Mr. Stoops,

Thank you for inquiring with Auravision - EluminX.

We expect to have Belgian EluminX keyboards available via a Belgian distributor within Month of July. We'll let send you the distributor address ASAP.

If you wont hear from us till the end of the month of July please contact us again. Thank you.

Best regards,
Tel +39 0471 789308
Fax +39 0471 797610
email: Europe@auravisionllc.com
www.auravisionllc.com
www.eluminx.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 11:47 PM
To: europe@auravisionllc.com
Subject: keyboards

Where can we buy Eluminx Keyboard in Belgium. We are with several quite interested but can't really find a salesman.

Regards

Jan Stoops

Antwerp-Belgium
Old 30th June 2003, 19:22   #20
Unregistered

I just got this keyboard today, hooked it up and i hear a low "hum" to the light. Is this normal or did i get a bad keyboard. I know for the DIY glow keyboards, there was talk of a hum, depending on which route you took.