It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH

Old 27th June 2005, 08:47   #221
Neo_obs

PCI card is enabled in BIOS, Drivers are updated(first thing I did), CBOX wired to the T based on instructions with manual, its on both front and rear ports so it must be an issue with the onboard soundcard I believe. I literally have no software on this PC as I only have it running a 3 GB hardrive till my new one comes in. and 1.13GB is free. I will try the latency stuff and get back to you . the problem is thou its not a constant crackle just when im doing something.
Old 27th June 2005, 08:52   #222
Neo_obs

Wait a second the latency is for a videocard not soundcard OOPs. LOL glad I didnt read the whole thing
Old 27th June 2005, 09:58   #223
Kerry

Quote:
...just when im doing something.
I've got a goofy low rumbling sound when I move my Kensington Expert Turbmouse ball. It's not enough of promlem for me to spend time tracking it down.

Another idea—could it be your speaker placements?

I'm all out of ideas.

Good luck,
kerry
Old 27th June 2005, 10:51   #224
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by Neo_obs
Wait a second the latency is for a videocard not soundcard OOPs. LOL glad I didnt read the whole thing
uhm.. yes, and the two are linked, if the PCI latency for the AGP port is set too high you'll experience sound problems as your soundcard does no longer have enough bandwidth to transfer data or incorrect timings which results in hickups when browsing the web; scrolling pages, etc...
Old 28th June 2005, 23:47   #225
Neo_obs

well tried that and nope still didnt work not a latency issue. I also noticed it happens on anything over the internet. like it has a problem loading. think it might be because i have a small hardrive?
Old 29th June 2005, 03:08   #226
Kerry

I don't think HDD size matters. It's possible that you have messed with the default OS buffer thingy or some other virtual HDD type of setting ( know these aren't the correct terms but you can get a sense of what I'm referring about).

However, two more things come to mind:

I don't recall reading whether you have a dial up or broadband connection. Dial up will sometimes give those symptoms.

Also, how much DRAM do you have? I've read that with XP Pro 512 is a must. Maybe it could even be that you have the wrong RAM (unbuffered vs buffered, NON-ECC, etc.) or, one stick is a bit wonky.

Kerry
Old 29th June 2005, 10:21   #227
Neo_obs

I think its the DDR cause I only had enough for one stick of 256 oops i do have broadband though so its not that and i have a system manganed buffer so its not that. Thanks for helping me out ill get some more and tell u if its not working still.
Old 30th June 2005, 10:06   #228
Neo_obs

You wont believe this I sent an email to chaintech only 3 days ago and they already called me today but I wasnt by my phone but I am going to call them tomorrow on top of this I had a problem with my videos not showing up unless its in fullscreen mode so I changed my hertz higher and fixed all my problems even interference with my tv. All is good to those who wait and figure it out by them selves LOL. THanks thou to all who helped you gave me good ideas and helped me learn new things. good luck to you all. Safe OC'in
Old 30th June 2005, 21:29   #229
Kerry

That's great news!

Best wishes,

Kerry
Old 13th August 2005, 13:51   #230
simon001

Default Re: 5.1 Audio

Quote:
Originally posted by Victorious25
I now have a 5.1 speaker system, and want to use it with my system. I try plugging it into the multi media card that has 7.1 audio and firewire. No audio is played. The speakers do work, thoguh, becasue if I plug it into the normal audio jacks they function as a 2.1 system. I don't know if I don't have the proper drivers or what. How do I get this to work?
The jumpers are mis-identified on the picture and on the Chaintech card AV710). The jumpers on "J7 are not only going the wrong direction there's one too many! Pin 1 & 2 run vertically, and there's only 1 ea. of pin one and two. It took me two days to figure this out. I'm so worn out that I'm notr going to complain to the chaingang.