It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chaintech 9CJS ZENITH

Old 1st February 2005, 03:36   #201
Victorious25

Sorry its been so long since I last posted. (I had some problems, and ended up reformatting my computer. By the way, if anyone here plays Warcraft III and could offer me some help please follow this link and see if you can figure anything out. http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....hreadID=315632) So after I reformatted I was having sound problems again. I ended up for a different reason ending all processes, but the bare essentials, and the sound started working except for the front two speakers. I decided to try plugging the green speaker cord into the onboard audio port rather than on the multi-media card one, and bingo all my speakers work. It was weird because before, when I had the Vinyl Audio Control Panel running no sound what so ever worked. I don't know how to explain it, but it works so maybe it will for any others who are having problems as well.
Old 2nd February 2005, 02:45   #202
Victorious25

Well... That was a short lived victory. Last night I let windows do its automatic update, and today when I came back to my computer after it had been restarted, I can't get any sound to work. I went through a few steps, but now when I try doing my little trick with ending all the programs any program that uses some sort of sound now gives an error at start saying that sound isn't working. Kinda sucks. I would love some help getting this thing working properly.
Old 3rd February 2005, 03:18   #203
biomuck

hey ppl ive asked chaintech about this problem but its been a week so id be real nice if someone can help me out.. ok i got this new mobo and i put my video card in and what not. and i pressed the button it turns on then shuts off then turns on agin.. it gets power but it wont go to boot screen. and my monitor has a test thing that moves around the screen and it just sits there like its not getting anything.. but i know my video card is good so id be a really really big help if someone can lead the way to showing my how to make this thing work thank you.

i have a p4 3.2ghz

400mhz ram 1gb

6800 ultra

ultra x connect power supply

120gb hard drive

audigy 2 sound card
Old 3rd February 2005, 05:40   #204
[M] Reviewer

Gamer Freshly Registered

do you hear a beep ?
if not, remove the ram and try again.

if you don't hear a beep, dead mobo.
Old 3rd February 2005, 17:46   #205
biomuck

cant be dead mobo this is my second one my first had the same problem i sent it back they sent me a new one and it still does it.
Old 10th February 2005, 04:09   #206
Victorious25

OK. My sound is very weird. I ended up reformating recently. All of my problems are cleared up now except for some sound issues. I can get teh sound to work, but it is weird. First I have to close the Envy24 Vynle Audio Deck program that is used to manage sound things. Next I have to go into Task Manager, and end the svchost.exe that has the highest Mem. Usage. After I perform these to things sound will play. Interesting to notice though is that I have the Base/Center cord and teh Surround cord plugged into the Multi Media card, but the normal green cord for the front speakers I have to plug into the onboard audio jack to get to work. I would like to get this thing set up properly, but at the moment I am just happy to be able to get some sound to work. Any geuss on why I have to do those to things/ how to fix it?

P.S. - I haven't installed a service pack yet, I am reluctant to install SP2 for XP because I have read about and had problems with it in the past. If you think I shouldn't install SP2, then I would appreciate a site that will let me download SP1. Thanks!
Old 16th February 2005, 05:15   #207
Victorious25

Kinda off topic, but I can't start a new thread, and I was wondering why.
Old 16th February 2005, 08:42   #208
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

our general HW discussion forum: http://www.madshrimps.be/forums/foru...?s=&forumid=22
our HW&SW problem forum: http://www.madshrimps.be/forums/foru...?s=&forumid=15

this thread was meant as comment thread for my Chaintech review one year ago
Old 19th March 2005, 11:14   #209
fatelvis15

Okay, sorry if this has already been adressed, but I'm having a major CPU heat issue. Ask we speak my temp on the CBOX is reading 58 and the only thing running is Explorer (and the systray, of course but nothing really earthshattering there either.)

I'm running XP Professional, have flashed the BIOS with version 8 and haven't attempted to overclock at all (other than what the board automatically does.)

I have a Prescott 3.2 800FSB cooled by Samurai Scythe using arctic silver 5 and my case temp is reading in the high 20s or low 30s. Any attempt at gaming sends my CPU temps through 70, which usually causes a hang. Also, windows is constantly having errors, although I just tried the updated BIOS and I've only had one since then.

Help? I'd like to use this system for what I built it for...fun!
Old 19th March 2005, 16:44   #210
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

most likely mounting issue of the Scythe cooler, would suggest swapping to Intel default to see what it does.