It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
AMD Optimal BIOS settings + Overclocking Guide AMD Optimal BIOS settings + Overclocking Guide
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AMD Optimal BIOS settings + Overclocking Guide

Old 27th November 2003, 05:45   #21
cowbite

Your CPU is multiplier locked. Meaning, you cannot change multiplier, only the front side bus (FSB). There are methods of unlocking CPUS - some that are easy and some that put your cpu in serious peril if you mess up. I used the easiest and safest route and bought a speed-strip from www.speed-strip.com (actually I bought it somewhere else).
Review here : http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...c/Speed-Strip/

Provided your CPU's ID starts with "AXDA" (see website or review site) then you can use it. You just put it under the CPU as per instructed and it unlocks it. Then you can set your FSB as you like.
Old 27th November 2003, 21:47   #22
Tum0r

Is there a way so I can put 2 shortcuts on my sektop that will set my rig on low speed (downloading or surfing) or high (gaming ...) without having to go in nvdia system ultility and moving the slider along?

but at the same time changed the vcore (what I cant do with nvidia system utility but with 8rdaVcore)

Is this with reg files or? I dont hav a clue how these progs change what they change
Old 27th November 2003, 21:56   #23
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

get clockgen!
http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

now support nForce2 chipsets, it allows you to make shortcuts to overclock to a certain,

you'd still need to manually adjust the vcore though :/
Old 27th November 2003, 22:59   #24
Tum0r

I'le do just that

ps. A good tweaked winXp pro should use xxx amount of ram? About 125mb is ok or can u do whole lot better?

I'm inpressed that clockgen can change with less than 1mhz but doesnt hav an advantage over nvidia system utitlity as I still hav to open clockgen and then load the saved config (same as Nsu)

Nsu can change the ram setting to and clockgen cant...

I was hoping to get shotcuts (hihg and low settings) on my desktop

I just noticed the pci goes up together with my agp speed
Thats not right?
Old 28th November 2003, 05:28   #25
Unregistered

Hey i was wondering if there is any way to over clock my Compaq
Specs
AMD 2400 xp @1995
Unkown mem came with the rig (512mb)
80 gig hardrive(i know that this really does not apply to the OC accievable)
Compaq mobo
I have a duct to the cpu fan and 3 extra case fans i can keep the temp in the case about 2-3 degrees above room temp while playing UT 2k1 at all of the highest possible settings
Nvidia Quadro 750xgl
Could i flash it with a bios from another board by any chance i can overclock the Quadro with a tweak to change the mem and core speed. but not the voltage.
So is there any way to get an overclock out of this setup any help would be greatly apreciated thaxs to all that will help
Old 28th November 2003, 16:42   #26
Tum0r

clockgen or better yet nvidia system ultility would work for u

about the unknown ram: dl aida wich can id the ram pc2700 or higher will be most likely

u can also find a very usefull guide here @[M!
Old 28th November 2003, 16:53   #27
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Compaq motherboard.. compaq usually uses their own layout, bios and software, meaning that tweaking/overclocking on these PC's is most likely impossible :/
Old 29th November 2003, 02:51   #28
Unregistered

srry the last post i made was about the compaq OC and it is not 2K1 it is 2K3 unreal tournemnet
Old 29th November 2003, 03:04   #29
Unregistered

well is there any way that i could flash the bios to say abit or something like that i am gettin gnew stuff for x-mass

Thermaltake Xaser III case
Corsair Pro Series 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory
AMD Barton 2500+
Danger Den RBX water block
Soyo Dragon KT 600 chip set
Radeon 9800XT 126

If i get this what do u think my benchmarks will be
if i over clock the barton to say 2.5 i also might get a 256 watt pelteir so then i will have some major cooling

thanks to all that will post o and i am still wondering about any way to OC my compag that i have now. thanxs to the ppl that have already posted about this
Old 30th November 2003, 01:24   #30
Unregistered

i would think that u could if u found a bios of around the same size and supported the same stuff. It should be doable but it would be risky beacuse u might fry ur mobo or worse
DO IT AT UR OWN RISK