It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Articles & Howto's
AMD and Intel Heatsink Roundup 2006 AMD and Intel Heatsink Roundup 2006
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AMD and Intel Heatsink Roundup 2006

Old 17th September 2007, 21:49   #31
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_gti-r View Post
To quote a rather more modern gem of wisdom ... Sayng it's so doesn't make it so..
My ears may not be top notch, but I'm sitting next to two compaq's Intel powered machines with stock Intel cooler they are noisy and it's the CPU fan, unplugging the fan drops the noise considerable. Inside a hot enviroment, read case with single or nor exhaust fan, and no in-take, the Intel HSF underperforms, as much as the AMD alu heatsink does, only if you are comfortable with high CPU temperatures and tweaking the CPU fan speed manually, can you get silence with stock cooling; in all other cases (literally and figurativly speaking) you will have a noise PC once the CPU is loaded.

If your case features good ariflow I'm sure your system will run silent, and the fan on the Intel heatsink doesn't spin too fast to become noticeable. I've tested in extreme situation to see what the HSF is at its worse; if I were to to run the CPU at stock speeds ALL heatsinks would be DEAD silent at low fan speed without overheating; the idea of the OC was to create the heatload seen with QuadCore and DualCore CPUs, and afaik the heatsinks included the Q6600 are not too good either ( http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...&articID=5 96 ) .

To end the rant, I'm going to bed, in Croatia will include the latest Intel (with copper insert) HSF in the next roundup to please the masses and my curiousity , but I'm not expecting much