It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Site & Forum Feedback - Folding@Home
MC462-A Contest MC462-A Contest
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MC462-A Contest
Closed Thread

Old 28th October 2002, 22:36   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default MC462-A Contest

Some time ago I paid 130€ for this heatsink. Since I no longer have an AMD system I'm giving this baby away. Best of all is.. it has NEVER been used. So it is in perfect condition.

All you have to do is Sign up @ the forums and leave 1 post in this thread, telling me why you earn it.

Contests ends end this week (1 november 2002 @ midnight) and the winner will be made public shortly after.
Old 28th October 2002, 23:16   #2

Jay-Jay Freshly Registered

Because I like the flashy colors and pointy objects :-)
Old 28th October 2002, 23:19   #3
dimmu

I need a back-up for my "pro" self made watercooling

Old 28th October 2002, 23:21   #4
Gigamoller

You should give it to me because it has a very cool look and because i really need better cooling

Old 28th October 2002, 23:35   #5
deronny

i wanna kill some capacitators on my mobo
that's why i need it

Old 28th October 2002, 23:41   #6
B|oweFish

cause my cpu is getting so hot that my mom is sunbathing next to my computer , bwek!

Old 28th October 2002, 23:54   #7

BlackRabbit Freshly Registered

Because I bought too much recently and can't buy a decent HS
+ I'm not a designman so I can never win those drawing-contests :/
+ my dual MP CPUs get much too hot (50°C+, room temp 20°C, with alot of casecooling in a Chieftec case. The server will be moved into a much warmer room, so the CPUs need better HS (now: std HS). But buying 2 decent HS like this one in the contest would cost me alot of €€€
Old 29th October 2002, 00:19   #8
Sloefke

Why should you give it to me ?

Well, first of all, I am a very very very nice guy with a little money and money can be spent on beer when I meet you again (bad luck I only saw you once at M˛).

Secondly, ALPHA heatsinks kinda like me.
I've built two computers recently for my aunt, she went to Forcom with it (broken CD-RW) and the guys at Forcom said they never saw a ALPHA heatsink installed that good before.
So, I think my own Palliet0r deserves to be equiped with this heatsink.

The third reason why I should win it is because I didn't win anything from you yet. I've won a Radeon 7500 from calantak, which was very nice.

Number four is that I if I win this heatsink, I could give my own Volcano 7 away in a contest (when I have one of my brilliant ideas for a good contest).

The fifth reason is pretty 'duh'-like : my Volcano 7 is a VERY GOOD cooler, but it's too loud. Darn.

Also a reason (6) is that my father would stop laughing with my loudly working computer.

And to end (yeah yeah, normally one rests at the seventh day of a creation), I have a very cute smile :

-mod- : little misunderstanding, it's NOT an ALPHA, but that doesn't change a bit.

Old 29th October 2002, 01:15   #9
jakkerd

well, i just bought an alpha from w0lfje, so i shouldn't win this one at all.
but i might as well give it a shot.
*kablam*

Old 29th October 2002, 01:15   #10
Devil's Prophet

Because I like to walk around for a bit with 2 pounds of uncleansed copper and alu in my pants when I go to school, it keeps my mind clear and keeps me awake by freezing my bumm off. (damn those cold, windy days)

Also I think it's very macho-like to walk around with a big-*** heatsink tucked in your pants, because it'll also make my wee-wee look bigger.

And of course because you're all great underneath them sheets, especially when the promethia of calantak is participating in our five-some of [H]-dudes to cool us down a bit when it's getting a little too steamy in there.

For a final reason, i'll just tell you that I need a decent cooler to cool my upcoming 2400+ that certainly won't be cool at all, I you catch my drift. First of all I thought about the nice Thermalright AX7, but that sweety will cost me about 40 euro's, and I'm just 'another poor guy', being stuck with Durons for the past 2 years. So if u'd plz, I'll be greatful. :-)

(Next m˛ I'll maybe spending the €5 bancnote my grandmother gave me on some fluids that contain a certain flamable ingredient that's makes you partially become a delta fan (?) imo)

Btw, I can't compete with sloef's pic, so I'll have to do without any and I hope that will suffit.

Closed Thread