It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Site & Forum Feedback - Folding@Home
[MAD] Contest: Mentor Crystal Plexi [MAD] Contest: Mentor Crystal Plexi
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[MAD] Contest: Mentor Crystal Plexi
Closed Thread

Old 29th April 2003, 15:09   #71
Stryker

its a gag picture not a real representation

Old 29th April 2003, 15:09   #72
Evangeliz

You can always use a case like that
If you have a boring case, and you put this in place of the boring case that would rock.
Also, if you have a simple case, I guess the airflow sucks, but with this one the airflow looks pretty good.
If you only have a lianli for example then I would not understand why you participate, but if you have a simple case, why not
I'd put my server in it, then I could get it out of the corner and put it in the middle so it would be noticed

Old 29th April 2003, 19:35   #73
veder

ok this is it. Nothing special , you think. Well that's because paint doesn't work with see through colors.

I like a plexi case that is painten with a special black see through paint, it's a special kind of lac. It's is also metallic and shiny
The [M] is in the same paint but mat.

In combination with the CCFL's in the case it gives a weird effect (maybe using some shiny elements like mirrors, that i do not know yet )

the panaflo"s are modded with very bright leds using the tutorial on the madshrimp site

CDROM, psu, Rheobus are painted in the same paint as the case.

Old 29th April 2003, 23:37   #74
FreeStyler

Well I don't have paint installed so words will have to do.

Since I hate light in my room, no CCFL or ultra bright LEDs.

Just strip anything that canbe stripped (CD's floppy, HD if possible) and replace all needed parts with plexi.

Add some acent lighting with LOW intensity blue LEDs.

Paint the bottom black to create a faint mirror image.

Make it a HUGE EMI source (no one in my block will have FM reception)

Old 29th April 2003, 23:39   #75
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeStyler
Well I don't have paint installed so words will have to do.
it comes free on your Windows CD
Old 30th April 2003, 09:21   #76
FreeStyler

2 words:

resource hog.

Old 30th April 2003, 12:50   #77
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

2 words:

contest rules
Old 30th April 2003, 19:34   #78
Peristaltiek

tidom tideee (peter pan-song )

i'm getting exited

Old 30th April 2003, 20:43   #79
lazybones

I would first start of with a big motherf… blowtorch.
And reshape the plexi in to two fishbowls then I would take a can ore 5 of silicone and fill the holes. Then I would drill a big hole in both fishbowls; then I put a tube in between the 2 and spend another 5 cans of silicone to get it waterproof.
This I would fill up with fluo blue water and drive to the diy shop to get another couple of cans of silicon. When I return the tanks are empty again because of the leaking, so now I can go on putting the rest of the silicon on. And filling everything up again. On top of the tanks I would put (in plexi of course) a sort of bridge where I can attach the dvd+-rw and the harddrive with hotglue.i think I’m gone use the same method to attach the powersupply. For placing the mb I’m going to make a mixture of hot-glue, superglue, acceton, breakfast serial, milk, and papier-mâché in combination with the blowtorch, this should hold it in place. On the bottom I’m going to place a really big blacklite, and shine 2 self-made spotlights on they’re with 3000 really bright led. To cool the thing I have a 1000hp airplane engine lying around that should do it.
Afterwards I will train the fish to splash water on the heatsink.and dipping the mb in my really hot chilly saus, it can isolate my thong from my mouth so it would do nicely isolating the board. Hope I win.

if you are Wondering , yes this is made by Paint

sorry for the english

Old 30th April 2003, 22:46   #80
runob

[FONT=courier new]runob presents:

The [M]AD case

And so god created water, so why not use it? Combining the functional and estetic values of water resulted in this case that
- has got a killer look
- has great perfomance
- is super silent

The look
The front window has got a 1 cm thick plexi logo, [M]AD], glued on to it. The log itself has been matted on the inside to differentiate it from the rest of the window. Inside the case are 3 red laserleds the shine towards the logo making it the centerpiece of the case. Finally as cherry on the cake there's a waterfall running equally all over the front plate. Because of the relief a superb effect is created that will amaze everyone. On the bottom of the case there is an open plexi reservoir that will collect the falling water. On the sides of that reservoir there are another 2 laserleds giving the water a mysterious red look.

The performance
The waterpump and waterreservoir from the window also have a second function: watercooling. The CPU and gfx card are cooled with the same water. The waterfall serves as the radiator. Because of the huge surface the water will cool down very quick. This low temperature allows the enthousiast oc'er to go to the edges of watercooling solutions.

The silence
The system is almost completely fanless: cpu, gfx card and radiator are in no need of any fan. The power supply should be opened to allow it to cool down without the use of a fan or the fan can be replaced with a supersilent fan. As a bonus you get the relaxing sound of falling water which is all the feng shui way allowing you to come to peace with yourself.
[/FONT]

Closed Thread