It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Site & Forum Feedback - Folding@Home
[MAD] Contest: Mentor Crystal Plexi [MAD] Contest: Mentor Crystal Plexi
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[MAD] Contest: Mentor Crystal Plexi
Closed Thread

Old 24th April 2003, 19:10   #31
Magnum_

gaia wont agree on the fish idea

Old 24th April 2003, 19:52   #32
Tyrael

that poor fish...
he can't sleep and has no o²

but the idea is great

Old 24th April 2003, 20:01   #33
Evangeliz

The bubbles proof that there would be air

Old 24th April 2003, 20:12   #34
Tyrael

oops.... sorry

but it is and stays hurtin' animals :grum:

Old 24th April 2003, 21:52   #35
runob

Damn Graeme you stole my idea I wanted to do the fish thing too

Should have been faster :'(

Old 25th April 2003, 02:37   #36
Vorex

1, Window applicte that says madshrip on the top
2, all fans and cables will be sleeved with uv sensitive paint
3, on the bottom of the case, leds will be placed in a way to make the bottom glow.
4, VU Meter on the front bottom of the case, in a swirl, with madshrimp printed below.

Old 25th April 2003, 04:31   #37
Rik_

Here's my entry... yes, the picture is rather plain and basic, but that's because if I included all the detail, it'd become a cluttered mess. There is prefection in simplicity

I'll describe it in the same order that I'd construct it... My ideas/themes are to have white lighting, chrome features, and minimal mess. I know I'm swaying from the norm with the white lighting, but I like being different.
* Using clear perspex/plexi, I'd construct a PSU housing in the front bottom of the case. Cut an intake into the front of the case, mount a clear fan to draw air in. This fan would have white LED's mounted in it, most likely a custom mod. The rear of the PSU housing would be vented, obviously.

* A CD burner and DVD rom would be windowed, the metal casings I'd have chrome dipped if possible. They'd then be mounted on either side of the case, so the CD faces outwards. A HDD would be windowed and placed in the front top of the case, if possible I'd get its case chromed as well, but I might have to paint it chome instead.

*A giant hole would be cut in the top of the case, to mount my radiator. I didn't draw the details of the watercooling, but this is my idea: Use braided stainless steel tubing (to keep with the chrome theme), watercooled CPU, VGA and NB, an inline system, with the pump hiding inbetween the cdroms to keep visible clutter to a minimum. The radiator would have a duct constructed out of clear perspex, and I'd use four 80mm clear fans... it would sacrifice performance, but look very good.

* Braided IDE cables would be used, yet again keeping with the theme. I'd try to find a way to use chrome/braided housing for all the psu cables, but otherwise black wiring loom would be best to hide the cable mess.

* For my finishing touches, I'd engrave a lightning bolt design into the sides of the case, but this would need to be illuminated to have visual impact, so, to avoid a visual mess, I'd use right-angle aluminium around the bottom of the case, to hide the wiring, and I'd drill holes and place LED's in the bottom of the side panels, facing upwards to illuminate the lightning bolt. The idea of the right-angle is to hide any wiring and the actual LED's, and this would be either polished or chrome painted.

I'd aim to have minimum clutter, as I mentioned, the problem with a clear case is it can become a mess if you're lazy, hence trying to keep all cables under control, and hide anything ugly. This PC would be built for more silent use than outright performance, it looks so good that I'd want to have it running constantly, and I don't like screaming PC's as they're too imposing for use in a bedroom.

Old 25th April 2003, 08:20   #38
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

man it is going to be a hard to decide on a winner

great entrees
Old 25th April 2003, 08:21   #39
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

btw, contest ends on who's birthday ?

yes yes, mine
Old 27th April 2003, 20:45   #40
Peristaltiek

arite aangezien mijn engels niet zo echt goed is zal ik maar alles in het nederlands uitleggen:

Aangezien ik het bos niet meer door de lichten wou zien heb ik zo maar eventjes 8 ccfl's in mijn mod gepropt. Hope u have your sunglasses on . Dan zitten bovenaan 3 80mm outtake fans en vooraan 1 120mm intake fan. dan heb ik nog voor 2 'speciallekes' gezorgt. Het eerste betreft een mistmachine die wat voor extra effect zorgt . Het tweede is iets wat ik toch echt wel eens wil maken: een oude cd-rom drive waarvan ik de de knoppen die ik nie nodig heb wegberg met wat rubber erover, alleen de eject-button blijft over. vanvoor tegen de tray zet ik mijn LED's en op de tray zet ik mijn switches. tzal moeilijk zijn omdat te maken, but i'll do my best

ik hoop alvast dat het niet de bedoeling was dat je paint-skillz hebt en dat de mod primeert.

Closed Thread