It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > Site & Forum Feedback - Folding@Home
[M] Asus Silent Square CPU Cooler GiveAway [M] Asus Silent Square CPU Cooler GiveAway
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[M] Asus Silent Square CPU Cooler GiveAway
Closed Thread

Old 23rd October 2006, 23:35   #21
Xploited Titan

I imagine all the participants destroying their cooling rig to get a new cooler when I read all these replies ^^

Old 23rd October 2006, 23:41   #22
0mega

Quote:
Originally posted by Xploited Titan
I imagine all the participants destroying their cooling rig to get a new cooler when I read all these replies ^^
i dont need to cheat :P if i take off the duct, my temperature skyrockets, and if the furnace turns on, it does as well... and its getting cold so it probably will again soon :lol:

Old 24th October 2006, 14:55   #23
Nessmaster

@Omega

You remember how you said I might need to loosen up the custom screews cause the temps are too high with the Cooler Master 6+? Well now that it's finally starting to cool down around here I had a room temperature of 25C and the CPU stayed at 33C idle and about 46C around load. So I guess it does perform good Still sounds like a mini jet engine going off in my room though

Old 24th October 2006, 15:06   #24
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

46°C is chilling, reduce the fan speed until your CPU reaches 60-65°C, that's good temp, low enough not to be a problem and you can enjoy the silence.

FYI a HOT running CPU is one which goes over 65+ with loud cooling
anything below 50°C is cool in my book

if you want lower temps for overclocking, go WC cooling!
Old 24th October 2006, 22:50   #25
0mega

Quote:
Originally posted by Nessmaster
@Omega

You remember how you said I might need to loosen up the custom screews cause the temps are too high with the Cooler Master 6+? Well now that it's finally starting to cool down around here I had a room temperature of 25C and the CPU stayed at 33C idle and about 46C around load. So I guess it does perform good Still sounds like a mini jet engine going off in my room though
thats cool and idle in the 30's is great mine is like mid 30's low 40's now,a nd load is getting up there as the days go on >_< and my CPU has a low tcase max (like low 50's... apparently thats how high the CPU can go before being somewhat unstable at stock *shrugs* )

i wasnt expecting a 16C drop when i put the duct on or whatever it was it 0_0 was at mid 40's idle, then low 30's :P

Old 26th October 2006, 22:26   #26
carmo

Well, I am new to this FORUM.

My rig
====
Pentium D 940 3.0 Mhz
ASUS P5WD2 Motherboard
WD Raptor ADHD 1500
ATI X1900 Cross Fire Edition Card
1GB Kingston Value RAM a 667 Mhz
Shuttle CR40 DVD Rewriter
Shuttle 22 in 1 Card Reader
Gigabyte Aurora Case
Eneramax Liberty 500 Watts Modular Power Supply
Logitech MX1000 Mouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard
Altec Lansing 4.1 Speakers

I have overclocked my CPU to 3.8 Ghz. It idles at 49 ~ 50. Under a little load it gives me temps of 55~60. But the real deal is when I start gaming. The fan really gets onto my nerves. Not to mention the even Noisier fan on the ATI card. Both the INTEL and ATI stock coolers suck.

Reason to WIN the ASUS Silent Square CPU Cooler are many:
===========================================
1. It will go well with my ASUS Motherboard (Being the same brand and logos all over the place)
2. Its silent just as its name suggests. And better temperatures at idle and load Im sure when compared to my stock cooling.
3. Its purrrrrty.
4. The Blue LED goes well with my Gigabyte Case FAN LED

and last but not the least

Im Desperate (Its very difficult to find one of these here in Dubai)

Finally.. what can I say... I love ASUS

Old 26th October 2006, 22:28   #27
carmo

Another pic of my cooler with a view also of the ATI Crossfire card and the Gigabye 12" Fans.

ASUS kicks the AS'US of all the other CPU coolers. (Sorry I couldn't resist adding this one).

Old 26th October 2006, 22:42   #28
carmo

Thank you Madshimps for such a lovely giveaway. All the Best to all the participants.

Old 27th October 2006, 10:45   #29
brajko2

I got my acer veriton 5600g desktop machine of a rebate almost a year ago in a retail shop.

It's prescott 530 on 3Ghz, Intel 915 based motherboard chipset, 1Gb DDR3200 Micron, 120gb Sata seagate disk, pioneer dvd-rw, hi-pro 350w PSU and finally pixelview 6600gt graphic card

At that time I thought it was a good bargain since I used my old comp (P3-800) for a long time (4 years).
I was so happy to finally purchase my machine, but then there were some problems.
Firstly I found out that I got one of the hottest processors in Intel series, famous pres(h)cott series.
A couple of web page visits, and unforetunately my doubts were confirmed.
Idle temperature of 55c and load up to 80c and higher.
Not to mention that performance was mediocre, and my computer was lagging behind every living AMD which my friends own...

it was ugly to see, and the amount of heat it generated.. blah!
Well atleast now I know why did I receive such a rebate on this computer :-)
One of the best thing is that I thought I'll finally play games without a hassle and I'll be happy.
Now I got a ban from my girlfriend to play games, since the amount of noise that generic-OEM CPU cooler unleashed into the environment is unbearable!

So I'm really happy to use my computer for playing dvd movies! Yipi!! :-(
I surely enjoy to watch dvd movies, while I think why did I spend so much money on a computer which primary function is a dvd player :-((((

I tried to overclock a bit my computer, raising FSB freq & proc... but later I decided not to play with a possibility of burning the rest of my machine, and my apartment!
So I hope you'll understand why do I need this cooler - DESPARATE!
Heh now it's winter and perhaps my comp could be useful as a heater..
but the problem will begin when the temperature will return to normal - summer temperatures

So that's I would like very much to win this cooler!
It would give me opportunity to play games, and that the rest of my family have peace and quiet in other rooms of my apartment! And ofcourse I would be more than happy not to use my comp as dvd player only :-)

Old 27th October 2006, 10:49   #30
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

what cooler do you have on the 6600GT card? that can be a source of noise also