JOIN [M] Folding@Home HOWTO instructions
** Which proteins are available, what's the deadline and how many points are they ?
MILESTONERS MEMORIAL BOARDS
** If you have problem playing games replace the graphical client with the console-version
** Increase your output by tweaking F@H
** Console userguide
** Howto @ XS
** Lot's of info from OC'ers
** Excellent Folding background info at Sudhian
** Scientists Report First Distributed Computing Success
** Native Microsoft Utilities to Install FAH Service
** How do I run the client as a service in 98/ME?
** Home of Trayit, minimize windows
EASY CONSOLE FOLDING
1) Download the console to directory x:\Foldmaniac
2) start FahConsole.exe and configure username/team and other settings. Then close the client
3) Hit Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> scheduled tasks
4) Add x:\Foldmaniac\fahconsole.exe
5) Schedule = “at system startup”
6) Uncheck “stop task after 72 hours”
7) Save it
Now the consoleversion is doing it’s job whenever your PC is on and the console is even “hidden”.
Try it ! Reboot and check your taskmanager to verify.
TRACK YOUR PROGRESS
** EM III (also home of HideitX)
** Folding Spy
** Linux, Samba, and Folding - Samba Guide for use with EMIII - Electron Microscope III
DISKLESS FARMING LINKS
FAH on a Pen Drive. You will need 2 files : File 1 and File 2. Instructions are in the first ZIP file.
FOLDING WITHOUT INTERNET-CONNECTION
1) Make different directory's on a pc with connection. Fold1 - fold2 - fold3 - ...
2) Make a main folding directory "Foldmain" and download the folding program. Start it up & fill in your data. If it works fine you can shut it down.
3) now copy the "folding program" + "client.cfg" + "fahcore65" from the "foldmain" to each "subdirectory" (to fold1, fold2, etc)
4) start the folding-exe in directory fold1. It will make a connection to the inet and download a pack and begins working. If it works fine you can quit the program.
5) start the folding-exe in directory fold2. It will make a connection to the inet and download a pack and begins working. If it works fine you can quit the program. ... same for fold3, fold4,...
6) copy the fold1-directory to the pc without inet N°1, fold2-directory to PC2, ... copy fold1-2-3-4-... to PC1 ... whatever. Now you can fold by simply running the program.
7) If it has finished folding you simply quit the client and put the directory back to the PC with internet ... start the program in that specific directory ... it will send the information and get a new packet ...
8) OK I forgot one thing. You have to copy one registry entry from your PC with Inet to the PCs with no Inet: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PandeGroup
Ran CleanUpThread.exe at august 2
Please report broken links
Please report possible intresting stuff to add
Thank you !
dualcore folding, I installed one copy, when installing 2nd copy in other folder, what do I need to do to get a machine id 2, so that they both can run?
just copy the FAH.exe to the new folder, than start the .exe and reconfigure, it will ask you at one point what machine ID you want (default is 1) , set it to "2" and you're good to go!
it never asks that machine thingie, but it's the graphical version I use
you can do it manualy by changing something in client.cfg (you can just open it in notepad)
change machineid=1 into machineid=2
Senile Doc; don't use the graphical version please; Command line online, you can not run graph version twice, so just switch to console version twice + firedaemon and you never have to bother with it again :)
Quest for help
I'm K* from Hardwareonline.
As you can see we're still rockin' the folding charts,
BUT we have to do it with a very small crowd.
In the past, we once had a bet going on, considering the best folding team.
You guys beat our arses bigtime and we had to bow our heads.
The past however, is the past and fact is, we're on place 147 and rising, Madshrimps hovers around place 222.
So now I'm asking for help. Actually, to join forces in folding.
If you guys would add [M] or MAD in front of your username,
we'll allways know that you're a Madshrimps folder, but we would rock the charts together.
What say you? Could we make this work?
we folded for XS like that, then went our seperate ways, afaik the MAD folding effort has gone pretty much on hiatus:) with increased cost of running rigs under full load 24/7, by stopping F@H I saved over €2500/year
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:22.|
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO