| ||Thread Tools|
|19th December 2003, 23:16||#1|
RECENT CHANGES (Client):
- Configurable minimum checkpointing frequency (3-30 minutes). (In GUI, controlled
with a slider.)*
- If client run with verbosity of at least 5, FahCore_78 will print out a
message whenever a timered checkpoint occurs.*
- -configonly flag added to configure then exit.
- -oneunit flag added to exit after completing one unit.
- -forceSSE flag added. Returns -forceasm to its former meaning of forcing
assembly generally, and takes on the function of forcing SSE specifically.*
- Warnings printed if -forceasm/-forceSSE flags given.
- Benchmarking not done except at start of normal operation (for example,
not if only configuring, listing queue, deleting unit, etc.).
- Warning if attempt to run client with Machine ID of already running client (catches
most common cases, including if running same client twice)
- Web site printed updated.
- Upon finishing a unit, if fails to return the result but succeeds in
getting new work, immediately tries sending all results again.
- Checks user name and team number for legality of use in statistics. (In
GUI, gives popup error).
- Queue info properly outputted to FAHlog.txt.
- Proxy password written out in binary (upon reconfiguration)
- Assignment/work server request authentication
- Send all message altered ("sent x of y" if x not 0, or "no units...")
- CPU usage default of 100 printed out during Configuration.
- Tags in MyFolding page changed to better adhere to HTML standard
- Maximum machine IDs raised to 8.
- Upload and download bandwidths estimated to send to AS.
- If fails to post data, includes server and port in message. Also outputs
HTTP status code (before this was only done if I.E. settings used).
- Bug fixed where performance fraction could exceed 1.
- Version information added to executables.
Of interest to Genomers:
- Batch networking option for G@h (Network when less than 2 units
ready to work on or more than 5 results to return, and when network, both
get up to 10 units and send any results. Also attempt to get new units at startup.).
- If set G@h preference, reflected in GUI title and acknowledgment message.
Windows GUI specific:
- Can select and display any GIF file as a logo, and set a URL for the logo to link to.
- Can add any text to displayed alongside the program title (perhaps something
related to your company or team).
- Browser support for more non-Explorer default browsers.
- Bug fixed where current.xyz sometimes wrongly deleted.
* Items with an asterisk require FahCore_78.exe v. 1.53 to be functional -- certain
work servers are already forcing downloads of this core.
|22nd December 2003, 11:05||#5|
Join Date: May 2002
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
|22nd December 2003, 15:15||#7|
Join Date: May 2002
Location: wherever the doom is
does this 4.0 give more points?
or work faster?
Where the Reverend is doing his Magick, all mortals be silent
Doom over the world
|22nd December 2003, 18:20||#8|
Here I go.
At work I use 2 computer wich are not connected to the inet, when finished I copy the complete folder (folding@home) on my USB stick and when I come home i plug it in and start the winfah on the usb stick, this worked fine until 4.0, f@h seems to have stored his original instalation folder somewhere because if I install it first on my hd and afterwards directly on my usb stick and start it from my harddisk it gets the info from the usb stick ?
Anybody a solution ?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New Folding@Home GPU client is tuned for Fermi||jmke||WebNews||0||26th May 2010 16:47|
|Nvidia misses OpenGL 4.0 promises||jmke||WebNews||0||13th April 2010 14:40|
|Developers unearth more features in iPhone OS 4.0||jmke||WebNews||0||11th April 2010 12:57|
|Bluetooth 4.0 Specifications Unveiled||jmke||WebNews||0||19th December 2009 12:55|
|AMD Running 3DMark06 in VM 4.0 on Demo Magny-Cours System||jmke||WebNews||1||4th September 2009 17:21|
|A closer look at Folding@home on the GPU||jmke||WebNews||0||16th October 2006 08:07|
|First results from Folding@Home cancer project published.||silencer||Site & Forum Feedback - Folding@Home||1||21st January 2005 11:48|
|Longhorn SideBar 4.0 Released!||Sidney||WebNews||0||22nd October 2004 06:14|