It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Hardware Madness > Hardware Overclocking and Case Modding
Asus HD3870 vmod's needed Asus HD3870 vmod's needed
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Asus HD3870 vmod's needed
Closed Thread

Old 29th March 2008, 12:23   #1

blind_ripper Freshly Registered
Default Asus HD3870 vmod's needed

hi guy's:
can some1 help me with the vmod's for a not reference disign from the HD3870 ?
on xs there are some screens of the same card
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=605
this is what i got on the pointed out spots http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=663

thx in advance for the help
Old 29th March 2008, 13:47   #2
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Green is probable VMEM readout, blue is probable VGPU readout.
For the VGPU mod, I can't read the IC numbers too well, and those I can read have no datasheet available on the web. That's what you get with those custum boards, they come with Chinese electronics which might be cheaper but mostly are undocummented for us.

Try to measure which components have been connected to the VGPU readout, and which components are connected to ground. Use good eguipment to measure, you can be fooled easily
Attached Thumbnails
asus-hd3870-vmod-s-needed-pict2450ge1.jpg
Old 29th March 2008, 14:36   #3

gpu 4ohms mem 16omhs
nothing there that read's the same that u pointed out yellow , on the chis its says S72 1 an others w04.
on the other side wher the chips are i found points that maseurre 4ohms , i that good ?
Old 29th March 2008, 14:56   #4
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

No, you are doing it the wrong way PJ. Look what voltage you get at the readout points and confirm if these are okay.

Then connect one side of your meter to the VGPU readout and hunt for spots that give 0,0 ~ 0,5 Ohm, i.e. you hunt with the other probe of your multimeter. Do the same thing with ground, see were you read 0 Ohm once you connected one side of your meter to ground.

Don't go over this to quick, you can easily read wrong value's. I always measure the same point few times again and adjust pressure in order to get a good view on what I'm really measuring.

EDIt: if you measure in Ohms, always be sure your videocards is not powered on!
Old 30th March 2008, 09:02   #5

the voltage read out is right geoff .
will measure today and post , gone vmod it if i can to today !
geoff it the power area good or beter the the orignal disign ?

one more thing i cant flash the 71v bios on the card for higher clocks somethings wrong i have 73v bios need that 71v bios for getting higher clocks then 860core .
need some help on that 2 divice number or something is wrong

Last edited by blind_ripper : 30th March 2008 at 09:10.
Old 30th March 2008, 13:57   #6
[M] Reviewer

The bios thingy is indeed annoying, unfortunately I have no idea how the fix it. You must get the right bios, that's all I know. There is a dedicated thread for this on the Xtreme Systems forums, but honestly it's too long for me to read through, or put my time into. Try to get the bios first before we proceed searching voltmods.
Old 30th March 2008, 13:58   #7

readings :red point on the vgpu read-out black on the green dots in the pic read's 0.5ohms this on the front off the card.
from black ground to green point reads 4ohms , should read-out again to be sure .

this are the only points so far on the back off the card nothing !
Old 30th March 2008, 14:23   #8
[M] Reviewer

I need a lot more info, more points, otherwise I can't locate voltmods. You can always drop by today, we'll find out here. Easier/faster/safer
Old 30th March 2008, 18:20   #9

il point out all 0.5/lower ohms spots there in a houre , there are 10 or so
cant drop by im at girls place now .
Old 30th March 2008, 20:31   #10

these are the points i have found , al read 0.5ohms
Closed Thread