| ||Thread Tools|
|31st January 2005, 14:09||#1|
Join Date: May 2002
You own, or prefer to own: MiniPC / Desktop / Laptop
What kind of PC would you rather own and use every day:
a Mini Barebone PC, a full blown desktop or a lightweight laptop?
|31st January 2005, 15:40||#2|
Join Date: May 2002
Location: wherever the doom is
loose parts scattered over my bureau.
Where the Reverend is doing his Magick, all mortals be silent
Doom over the world
|31st January 2005, 16:40||#4|
Join Date: Mar 2004
Own all three of them currently and in the past.
1) Laptop good for mobility - if you frequent travel on business; staying in Hotel a lot; or just lazy to surf in your bed; your work is not heavy engineering oriented.
2) Mini - hiding the small box is easier if you have a woman or two around .... they rather see shoes all over the house than a ful tower PC case.
3) Mid or Full Tower - give your friend the impression you know what you are doing ..... impression could mean everything.
So, I have a laptop when I travel; Mini in the family room to drive a big screen TV and manages my music playing; 7 Towers around so my dog must walk carefully around them. Women know you are not easily be controlled and fight over you.
No open bench rig; although it is easy for testing components; it is not a true representation of daily use in both office and home.
Hence, I own a sports car; motorcycles and 4-wheel drive.
Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
|1st February 2005, 10:28||#7|
- a lot of spacy for extra hdd's,
- good cooling + room for watercooling ....
- higly moddable
- It can do allmost everything I want from a computer.
- screen, keyboard integrated
- works on batteries
- it's small but you can't use it like a laptop because you still need a screen, keyboard etc..
- less possibility for high end cooling
- not much space for extra's (more hdd's etc..)
- I don't like the shape of most mini pcs
|15th February 2005, 17:15||#9|
I currently own all three. I've got a normal desktop a64 which is my gaming / burning machine, a mini PC which I use for LAN parties and a laptop for school / serious business. Of them all, the laptop is the most used computer and I feel that will continue up until my graduation.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Nexus puts liquid gel between your lap and your laptop||jmke||WebNews||2||19th May 2009 11:47|
|Centrino 2 Laptop Roundup||jmke||WebNews||0||24th October 2008 18:36|
|Mini desktop made from laptop with broken screen||jmke||WebNews||0||24th July 2008 15:26|
|Ditching the Desktop for a Laptop||jmke||WebNews||2||12th September 2007 14:32|
|2.5 Inch Laptop Drive used on the Desktop||jmke||WebNews||0||21st June 2006 09:57|
|Laptop or Desktop? Which Should You Choose?||jmke||WebNews||0||17th January 2006 13:21|
|Laptop or Desktop - which computer to choose?||jmke||WebNews||0||28th November 2005 23:19|
|Portable Desktop aka Laptop Deluxe||jmke||General Madness - System Building Advice||23||28th August 2004 16:49|