It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
XIGMATEK Achilles S1284 and ZEROtherm ZEN FZ120 XIGMATEK Achilles S1284 and ZEROtherm ZEN FZ120
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

XIGMATEK Achilles S1284 and ZEROtherm ZEN FZ120

Old 26th July 2008, 11:29   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default XIGMATEK Achilles S1284 and ZEROtherm ZEN FZ120

First about XIGMATEK Achilles S1284. Relatively inexpensive and stylish cooler employing pretty young Heatpipe Direct Touch technology will not be able to satisfy demanding overclocking fans’ needs on contemporary CPUs. But what determined the insufficient efficiency of this cooler with HDT technology? I believe there were several factors that contributed to the result. I think you already know about a 45nm CPU that doesn’t suit well for HDT. Add here too big of a gap between heatpipes and aluminum base plate instead of copper. Moreover, don’t forget the incomplete contact between the processor heat-spreader and the shifted heatpipes in the cooler base (“Achilles’ heel”?), absence of LGA 775 backplate and weak cooler retention.

The second participant of our today’s test session showed its real best. High cooling efficiency, almost the same as that of a more expensive Nirvana NV120 Premium; moderate price; simple and reliable retention mechanism and easy installation procedure; moderate noise under peak CPU utilization and very quiet operation in regular mode. I

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coo...nfz120_12.html