It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Xbox One Controller Battery Packs Recalled Due to Burning Risk Xbox One Controller Battery Packs Recalled Due to Burning Risk
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xbox One Controller Battery Packs Recalled Due to Burning Risk

Old 17th March 2017, 07:09   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Xbox One Controller Battery Packs Recalled Due to Burning Risk

I had actually considered getting this to keep my Elite Controller charged, but luckily, I never pulled the trigger. There are around 121,000 Energizer Xbox One 2x Smart Chargers in the wild, but all of them have to be recalled due to an overheating issue that is serious enough to burn users' hands. I never did understand why Microsoft never released a first-party charging stand. Energizer and accessory manufacturer PDP are recalling a gaming peripheral due to a potential burning hazard. The company is asking consumers to stop using the Energizer Xbox One 2x Smart Charger, which is a holster-and-battery-pack combo for Microsoft's gamepads. The issue with the device is that it would overheat, and then when owners would go to pick it up, it could cause painful burns. Now, PDP is working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission to get the charger off the market and out of people's homes.

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2017/03/... burning_risk/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote