X800Pro -> X800XT Mod @ Overclockers.UK
not much detailed info however :/
Well, I have found much by reading it...
You flash your card's BIOS, you take of HS off and scrape off the protective transparent layer off the to pins, connect them and finally you reboot...
Correct me if I'm wrong...
PS: I understood nothing about their hexcode babbling :(
hellish f*ckery said the mad doc, anyone here able to perform this be my guest =)
A List of kit you will need:
1. An X800pro. (This has so far only been tested on Sapphire cards)
2. Arctic silver or replacement thermal paste
3. Small philips (+) Screwdriver
4. Conductive paint or soldering kit
5. Small, sharp knife
6. MSDOS bootdisk
7. Flashrom 2.37 ( http://www.overclockers.ru/cgi-ATI_flashrom_2.37.rar )
8. ATi Radeon X800XT Bios ( http://softmod.ocfaq.com/bios/ATI.X8....Samsung16.bin )
9. ATiTool ver 0.0.20 ( http://atitool.ocfaq.com/ATITool_0.0.20.exe )
10. ATi Catalyst 4.5 Beta ( http://files2.guru3d.com/ati/RX800614106444.exe )
11.(Optional) A PCI graphics card incase the bios flash goes wrong
12. Driver Cleaner 3 ( http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/ )
Steps to take.
1. Use drivercleaner to remove any previous drivers, then prepare your MSDOS boot disk, and put ATIflash and the X800XT BIOS on a seperate floppy. Might be worth renaming the XT bios to 'XT.bin' or something simple.
2. Boot the PC via the DOS disk
3. At the command prompt type 'FLASHROM.EXE -s 0 original.bin' (without quotes - This will backup your original bios to 'original.bin'
4. Flash the XT BIOS to your card by typing 'FLASHROM.EXE -p 0 XT.bin -f' where XT.bin is the name of your XT BIOS.
5. Confirm that the flash procedure completed and power off your PC.
6. Remove the card from your PC
7. Lay the card down on the heatsink side and undo the 3 screws holding the heatsink/fan on.
8. Carefully remove the heatsink and put it somewhere safe.
9. Clean off any excess thermal paste with a soft, dry cloth. Be gentle with it!
10. Find the outlined in red points shown here ( http://www.andovernaturalproducts.co.uk/x800Pro1.jpg)
11. You want to join the leftmost two, but first you need to scrape the tops of the 2 points with your sharp knife. Scrape away very carefully until you see lightly coloured copper. These are your contact points!
12. Join the 2 points up with conductive paint or solder
13. Re-apply some thermal paste, refit heatsink and refit card to PC
14. Power on and boot into windows
15. Install Catalyst 4.5 Beta's
16. Check with ATiTool that you have 16 pipes enabled by clicking 'Settings'
17. Run a 3D-intensive application or game such as 3DMark and see if all is ok!
A little bit offtopic but, I'll ask anyways:
Do you guys think this mod is really worth trying? You'll void your warranty on a 400 euro card to turn it into a 500 euro card, chances of f*cking up are pretty high, lots of skills are involved and the speed increase is not the same as turning a 9500 into a 9700.
at this point in time.. no. in 1.5 years this mod will be valuable in my humble opinion :)
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55.|
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO