It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
TV Torrents - When Piracy Is Easier Than Purchase TV Torrents - When Piracy Is Easier Than Purchase
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

TV Torrents - When Piracy Is Easier Than Purchase

Old 13th September 2007, 23:47   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default TV Torrents - When Piracy Is Easier Than Purchase

NBC's recent withdraw from the iTunes store leaves the millions of users of Apple iPods without a legitimate way to purchase and watch NBC's content. Could this be the push that brings easy-to-use 'piracy' to the masses? This article discusses the issues, and then provides step-by-step instructions to setup a computer to automatically download any of hundreds of TV shows as soon as they are broadcast and put online.

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13739_1-9775271-46.html
Old 13th September 2007, 23:58   #2

Sidney Freshly Registered

This is really open for debate; cable versus free air-wave. Most TV major broadcasting in the US is using regulated air-wave. With the advertising revenue, they make enough money; it is the cable providers that are not happy. However, I don't need cable service. My computer with PCI turner, I can receive all the major channels with antennae made of cloth hangers.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 05:58   #3
Kougar

Sidney, where you at? Over the air analog TV broadcasts only have a couple of channels in the US, and they are all going away by 2009. Digital over the air broadcasts are set the replace them including HDTV channels, but you'll still have to pay a provider to watch most of them from what I see. The channels will be broadcast with encryption to cover this. Only some local affiliate stations will be broadcasting anything for free viewing.
Old 14th September 2007, 06:48   #4

Sidney Freshly Registered

Heck, I will go Slingbox ... with one family member hooks up to cable miles away...... still you are talking Feb 2009. I'll still be watching WGN on the other side of the world. By the way, any digital converter box will be there, no difference than in the 70's, if you lived in Chicago back then. I built a few decorder boxes.

I don't care for TV much; news mostly.

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2007, 16:10   #5
Kougar

Quote:
any digital converter box will be there, no difference than in the 70's
Might take a full computer awhile to decode some of the pay to view stations they are planning, at least from the sound of things. Afraid I wasn't around in the 70's...

I don't exactly watch much TV, but I do have shows I enjoy. Modern Marvels, The Universe, Stargate, the Battlestar Galactica remake, Dogfights, Eureka... Okay, well, maybe just the entire History and Sci-fi channels.