It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Toshiba refreshes its Portege and Tecra lines, prices start at $1,179 Toshiba refreshes its Portege and Tecra lines, prices start at $1,179
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toshiba refreshes its Portege and Tecra lines, prices start at $1,179

Old 6th June 2012, 08:20   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Toshiba refreshes its Portege and Tecra lines, prices start at $1,179

We've been hearing a ton about budget- and student-friendly Ivy Bridge laptops, but business notebooks are most definitely getting a refresh too. Today Toshiba unveiled its latest systems from the Portege and Tecra lines, all of which feature Intel's third-gen processors along with security features like a fingerprint reader and Toshiba Smart Client Manager for remotely keeping track of laptops on a network.

On the Portege side of things, we have the Z930 Ultrabook and the R930 (read more about the Ultrabook here). The R930 sports a 13.3-inch screen and weighs 3 pounds, which is substantial enough to allow for an optical drive. Toshiba will offer the notebook with Core i5 and Core i7 Ivy Bridge CPUs, and the extended battery is rated for up to 14 hours. The base configuration of this Portege will go for $1,399, and it's available as of today.

Toshiba's new Tecra systems are slightly larger, which the company says is preferred in the corporate world. The $1,199 Tecra R940 has a 14-inch display and a 2MP webcam, and it also offers discrete graphics. The notebook ships with either a Core i5 or Core i7 Ivy Bridge processor. The $1,179 Tecra R50 is quite similar in specs, the main difference being a larger 15-inch screen and a full 10-key keypad. Along with the Portege R930, these two laptops are on the market starting today.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/t...d-tecra-lines/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote