| ||Thread Tools|
|1st December 2004, 11:11||#1|
Join Date: May 2002
Thoughts on future 90nm AMD CPU's
* AMD can't make fast 90nm Hammers now.
* AMD thinks it can make fast 90nm Hammers around six months from now. Then they'll get loud about it.
* IBM's plans are the first semi-solid indication that these plans aren't based on a hope and a prayer.
* There ought to be a sizable jump in maximum performance from AMD chips when this next generation gets introduced.
* If all goes well, it ought to be enough to get the Hammer bandwagon rolling.
* No guarantees, but if you haven't bought a Hammer because of lack of extra bang for your buck, this ought to change your mind.
* For you cheapskates out there, if all goes well, even Semprons ought to be relative powerhouses compared to almost out there today.
* At that point, the big shift starts and the bandwagon begins.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|AMD Offers Glimpse of the Datacenter’s Future with Game-changing Server Platform Road||jmke||WebNews||0||22nd April 2009 21:26|
|AMD Announces Widespread Availability and Broad Global OEM Support for New Quad-Core||jmke||WebNews||0||13th November 2008 16:17|
|Price reductions on AMD Athlon X2, AMD Phenom X3 and AMD Phenom X4 desktop CPUs||Massman||WebNews||0||1st September 2008 10:34|
|AMD GAME! Enables Console-like Simplicity for Mainstream PCs||jmke||WebNews||9||19th May 2008 20:51|
|AMD Introduces ‘AMD Business Class’, Designed With Business in Mind||jmke||WebNews||0||28th April 2008 09:33|
|AMD’s 90nm Chips Dissipate 67W, Claims AMD||jmke||WebNews||1||25th October 2004 01:40|
|AMD Transits Sempron to 90nm Process Technology||jmke||WebNews||0||23rd September 2004 13:20|
|AMD Has Started Shipping 90nm Products, Says Report||jmke||WebNews||0||13th August 2004 10:33|
|AMD Responds To 90nm Yield Rumors||jmke||WebNews||0||22nd June 2004 23:31|
|AMD to Test 90nm Microprocessor Production in April||jmke||WebNews||0||3rd March 2004 09:17|