It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Supreme Commander Q&A Supreme Commander Q&A
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supreme Commander Q&A

Old 11th December 2006, 08:27   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Supreme Commander Q&A

There are a number of promising strategy games looming in 2007, but perhaps none quite so anticipated as Supreme Commander, the sci-fi real-time strategy game from THQ and developer Gas Powered Games. As the spiritual successor to 1997's Total Annihilation, one of the most popular real-time strategy games ever made, Supreme Commander has a lot to live up to. You will be able to command three different factions of humanity as they battle for galactic supremacy, but what differentiates Supreme Commander from most real-time strategy games is its enormous scale. You can have armies, navies, and air forces maneuvering and fighting on maps that are hundreds, if not thousands, of square kilometers in size. For the latest on the game, we caught up with creator Chris Taylor.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...&click=topslot
Old 11th December 2006, 08:27   #2
Madshrimp

The free beta is quite addictive

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...80645501490516
Old 11th December 2006, 10:25   #3
EsaT

That will be nice game...

Quote:
"You gotta have nukes!" Taylor chortles, selecting the nuclear option and clicking his mouse near a naval fleet. Assuming a nuclear missile isn't intercepted by anti-missile systems, the devastation it causes is unreal. The epicenter vaporizes what seems like miles of terrain in a single brilliant flash, and then the shockwaves radiate out. The first one is brutal, but stronger units can survive the rushing arc -- fast units can even escape the blast. The second, slower-moving shockwave creeps along devouring nearly everything in its path, creating tsunami waves at sea and scorching a ring of earth on land. In the center of the devastation the expected mushroom cloud slowly rises -- soon to be followed by many more if your opponent retaliates in kind. When several nukes go off at once (and Taylor demonstrated this by gleefully blowing up most of the planet), the effects are cumulative -- for several seconds you almost couldn't see the map amidst the white-hot glow of a dozen miniature suns.

Nobody ever said war was pretty. No, wait, on second thought, we're saying it -- it looks awesome.
http://archive.gamespy.com/landing/supremecom/
Old 11th December 2006, 10:37   #4
Madshrimp

the waves on the see have been scrapped from the final game, he said in the Q&A, but even without that, it's still awesome

had a game friday 1vs1, we each had 1000 units before we started the attack, 100 boats going at it on the sea, while my 400 gunships obliterated his first attacking line, interceptors took care of the bombers coming my way; then his super units emerged from the sea... I had a few too but I was unprepared for his massive firing power; I have "some" defenses but not enough to keep 3-5 superunits from breaking through them and destroying my base; I fired a few nukes where he was grouping his forces which did help a bit; but not enough to stop his attack.

I was outplayed, fun game to play though, he had his revenge, because the day before, on the smallest map of the game we played again 1vs1 where I got destroyer boats bombarding his base while land units slowly crept up into vice formation at each side of his base, a couple of gunships to occupy his Anti Air, while artillery picked of his defense structures one by one

Last edited by jmke : 11th December 2006 at 10:54.
jmke is offline   Reply With Quote