It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Stabil-i case reduces iPhone camera shake, fits in your pocket (video) Stabil-i case reduces iPhone camera shake, fits in your pocket (video)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stabil-i case reduces iPhone camera shake, fits in your pocket (video)

Old 30th July 2012, 10:05   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Stabil-i case reduces iPhone camera shake, fits in your pocket (video)

In Insert Coin, we look at an exciting new tech project that requires funding before it can hit production. If you'd like to pitch a project, please send us a tip with "Insert Coin" as the subject line.

Ah, stability, a commodity valued by videographers who want to produce footage that won't make their viewers throw up. Reducing camera shake can be especially tricky when using a smartphone such as the iPhone, whose form factor and light weight make it easier to have the shakes while shooting. Currently, options for reducing camera vibration in iPhone videos include apps like the Dolly Cam and more hardware-oriented solutions such as the Steadicam Smoothee. Our latest Insert Coin candidate, the Stabil-i, happens to use the latter route, serving up a "video stabilization iPhone case" that's still reasonably affordable. According to its creators, the Stabil-i's design is based on concepts found in larger, more expensive camera stabilization systems used in the film industry -- minus 90 percent of the hardware and the expensive bearing system. The result, they say, is a device that does a good job in reducing camera shake while still being compact enough to fit in one's pockets.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/28/i...e-fits-pocket/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote