It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Review of the World's Smallest MP3 Player: MobiBlu DAH-1500 Review of the World's Smallest MP3 Player: MobiBlu DAH-1500
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Review of the World's Smallest MP3 Player: MobiBlu DAH-1500

Old 25th July 2005, 19:46   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Review of the World's Smallest MP3 Player: MobiBlu DAH-1500

I already published some photos showing the MobiBlu DAH-1500 next to the Apple iPod shuffle to underline just how small it really is. Before the MobiBlu DAH-1500 the coin-sized EMP-Z from EraTech was a long time the world's smallest MP3 player. This one already was introduced in 2003. I reviewed it a short while back branded as Nachus EMP-Z. The EMP-Z did not have a display. MobiBlu was able to pack a ton of features in a small little splace without compromising quality, as you can read below.

The JNC SSF-8002 comes in cube shaped (what else?) box. Accessories are a necklace style headset, USB cable, plastic protector case, driver CD and handbook.

I upgraded the firmware with the new 1.56 version available on the JNC site. To update the firmware just unzip the archive and copy the two files onto the MobiBlu. After disconnecting the USB cable the player automatically starts updating. After that it powers off and on next power on it initializes the new firmware. There is no documentation available on what the firmware upgrade is doing, but it works. The new firmware does not enable WMA-DRM support though (I tested it), which is a bit of a downer. The Wal-Mart version does support WMA-DRM, making it for sure a new version. Wal-Mart runs it's own music store that uses the Microsoft DRM technology. So MobiBlu had to support it for Wal-Mart to carry this player.

http://www.i4u.com/section-viewarticle-101.html
Old 25th July 2005, 19:49   #2
[M] Reviewer

piotke Freshly Registered

That's frigging small, really
Old 26th July 2005, 08:12   #3
Faiakes

To be honest I don't need anything that small!