It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Remotely Start Your Car Using A Cellphone Remotely Start Your Car Using A Cellphone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Remotely Start Your Car Using A Cellphone

Old 20th January 2010, 17:02   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Remotely Start Your Car Using A Cellphone

Recently I added a remote start to my car. All is good in the world. Unfortunately, I work at an airport and my car is about a 15 minute shuttle ride from my office. There is not much opportunity to ’stand at the door and wait for warm car’ there.......

The best part of this project are the possibilities. Not only can I remote start my car from afar, I can also use the other features of the phone to automate the remote start. I can set up to 4 alarms on this phone, and set them to vibrate. Since I work 4×10 shift, that is perfect for starting my car everyday before work. Also, that phone has a timer on it that can also trigger the vibrate function. Haven’t figgered out a practical use for that yet. But the Pièce de résistance is the Calendar. I can set nearly unlimited events into the calendar, and set an alarm to trigger the vibrate at or before the event in 15 minute intervals. I can also set the as ‘recurring events’, too. I could program in mine and my wife’s work schedules, upcoming doctors appointments, ANYTHING! Not bad for a $10 phone. I am glad that I decided to make the phone easily connect/disconnectable.

http://davehacks.troublem8ker.com/wordpress/?p=4