It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Razer Diamondback - Do you want the fastest mouse in the world? Razer Diamondback - Do you want the fastest mouse in the world?
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Razer Diamondback - Do you want the fastest mouse in the world?

Old 25th June 2005, 18:48   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default Razer Diamondback - Do you want the fastest mouse in the world?

It's called the Diamondback. It's all sleek and swoopy, it's got seven buttons (left, right, clickable wheel, plus another two buttons on either side), and it's symmetrical (so left-handed people can use it - a lot of fancy mouses are for righties only). But its major claim to fame is that it tracks at 1600 dots per inch (dpi).

What this means is that this mouse can give you pixel-by-pixel pointer positioning accuracy on a 1600 by 1200 screen with only one by 0.75 inches of mouse-mat real estate. Pointer acceleration can skew this, but the base sensor resolution is what matters when you're looking for ultra-sharp aiming accuracy with minimum mouse movement. Which, very probably, means you're playing action games.

For normal desktop tasks, a hyper-fast mouse is pretty much pointless. Unless you're a cockroach pushing the mouse around with your head, you're probably OK with moving the thing a bit more than an inch to get the pointer from one side of the screen to the other. Many computer users have their mouse speed set much lower than this, possibly because they don't know any better, but it's easy to wind any mouse up to near-Diamondback speed.

http://dansdata.com/diamondback.htm

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2005, 19:22   #2
Rutar

If you aren't hardcore you can't appreciate this mouse.

As I high sensitivity junkie I can even in Windows, wroom wroom
Old 26th June 2005, 04:56   #3
kristos

I have one but without the software installed because both the latest drivers and the ones that came on the cd gave me (different) problems.

On the other hand, it really is a great mouse even without the software
Old 27th June 2005, 08:51   #4
Faiakes

I agree with the reviewer.

I am right handed and I currently have the MX1000, which I bought on-line, but it is a bit too large. It is comfortable but not for gaming, it is far too big for my hand.

My next mouse (probably the 518)I will test it before I buy it.