It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
“Please don’t theme our apps” “Please don’t theme our apps”
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

“Please don’t theme our apps”

Old 28th May 2019, 07:58   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default “Please don’t theme our apps”

We are developers and designers making apps for the GNOME platform. We take pride in our craft and work hard to make sure our applications are a great experience for people. Unfortunately, all our efforts designing, developing, and testing our apps are made futile by theming in many cases. This is insanity – even if they claim it only applies to distribution makers. Their argument basically comes down to certain themes making certain applications look bad, and that theming removes branding from applications. First, theming making applications look bad is either an issue with the theme that needs to be fixed or an issue with Gtk+/GNOME being bad at theming, and second, your branding is irrelevant on my computer, or on my distribution. I use KDE, and one of the main reasons I do so is to ensure I can make my desktop and its applications look exactly the way I want them to look.

https://www.osnews.com/story/130078/...heme-our-apps/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote