NVIDIA GeForce Go 7 Series - The Notebook GPUs of Choice for Intel's Newest Centrino
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW (CES)—LAS VEGAS, NV—JANUARY 05, 2006—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA) today introduced three new graphics processing units (GPUs)—the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800, GeForce Go 7600, and GeForce Go 7400 GPUs—bringing cutting-edge 3D, high-definition, home theatre–quality video and advanced power management to the notebook market.
These three additional GeForce Go 7 Series GPUs are included in tier one OEM notebooks launching at or shortly after CES. OEM design wins, based on the newest Intel Centrino mobile platform, include: ASUS, Acer, Gateway, LG, Samsung, SONY, and others. In addition, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7-series GPUs were selected to drive the video and graphics in the first notebook computer to integrate the new HD DVD media standard, the Toshiba Qosmio audio-video notebook PC.
Those new notebooks that have been launched will be on display at CES this year, from January 5-8 at the NVIDIA booth, located in booth number 36200 in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“Over the last year, NVIDIA has led the market for high performance GPUs for enthusiast notebooks,” stated Dr. Jon Peddie, President of Tiburon, CA-based Jon Peddie Research, the market research firm that tracks GPU chips. “We are now seeing this performance per watt efficiency driving GeForce Go 7 GPUs deeper into all segments of the notebook market, especially with the latest platforms from Intel and AMD.”
Based on and following up on the extremely successful architecture as the award-winning NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX GPU, the new GeForce Go 7800, Go 7600, and Go 7400 GPUs feature a completely redesigned architecture that delivers a number of groundbreaking achievements, including:
• Next-generation NVIDIA HD PureVideo™ technology, which lets users experience home theater–quality HD video on the notebook PC—key to the exciting new HD-DVD and Blu-Ray HD formats.
• Brand new programmable shader architecture, delivering twice the shading horsepower of the previous generation of notebook
• Support for the latest games and applications with DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and film quality high dynamic range (HDR) lighting, the must-have feature for developers delivering more realism to real-time gaming
• Designed to provide top-tier support for the upcoming Microsoft® Windows® Vista OS
• NVIDIA PowerMizer® technology, with advanced power management features that enable the dramatic performance enhancements in the same power budget as the previous generation of GPUs. With reduced power consumption and less heat generation, this results in cooler and smaller notebooks with increased battery life
These new notebook GPUs leverage the superior performance per watt efficiency of the GeForce Go 7 Series architecture, delivering superior performance in graphics and high definition video support at their respective notebook segments:
• The GeForce Go 7800 delivers enthusiast-level graphics and video performance for slimmer notebooks with significantly reduced power.
• The GeForce Go 7600 provides the perfect balance of graphics and video performance for slim multimedia notebooks.
• The GeForce Go 7400 creates the no-compromise mobile notebook, a small, thin, highly portable notebook, equipped with the latest graphics and high-definition video support.
For more information on where to buy these products, please visit the Company’s Web site at www.nvidia.com
NVIDIA Corporation is the worldwide leader in programmable graphics processor technologies. The Company creates innovative, industry-changing products for computing, consumer electronics, and mobile devices. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, the features, benefits, capabilities and performance of the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7 series, including its impact on mobile platforms and computing on the go, and the anticipated sources of availability and availability of performance notebooks incorporating the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7 Series are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, manufacturing or software defects, difficulties or delays, reliance on third party manufacturers, unforeseen difficulties in the integration of our products into notebook computers, loss of performance when the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7 series GPUs are integrated into notebooks, whether the NVIDIA GeForce Go 7 series continues to be included in notebook computers, development of more effective or efficient graphics processing units for notebooks, the impact of competitive products and technological advances, impact of the development of more sophisticated games, and other risks detailed from time to time in the NVIDIA reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-Q for the quarter ended October 30, 2005. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. NVIDIA disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:28.|
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO