It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
NCQ / TCQ & nForce 4 Data Corruption - The Fix NCQ / TCQ & nForce 4 Data Corruption - The Fix
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NCQ / TCQ & nForce 4 Data Corruption - The Fix

Old 27th April 2005, 05:44   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default NCQ / TCQ & nForce 4 Data Corruption - The Fix

With NVIDIA’s introduction of the nForce 4, it was announced that this chipset would indeed support NCQ technology found in some of the latest higher end hard drives. What about TCQ? Will it work in the same way? Western digital made it obvious that TCQ will not work on controllers supporting NCQ and vice versa. This lead me to believe that the drives will still perform normally, of course Queuing will not function on my Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe for the Raptors (assuming they’re connected on the nForce SATA RAID controller) but further problems should not occur. After all, I did purchase a top of the line motherboard, it would only make sense to pair it up with some of the fastest hard drives on the market. Then came my data or storage drive; The Seagate 7200.8 400GB SATA drive. This latter supports NCQ… Read on!

URL: http://www.amdgamer.com/read.php?rid=136&type=1

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote