It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Mozilla to cease development on Thunderbird Mozilla to cease development on Thunderbird
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mozilla to cease development on Thunderbird

Old 9th July 2012, 14:04   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Mozilla to cease development on Thunderbird

Mozilla has announced it's ceasing development on Thunderbird; one more version will be released, and it'll be security updates from then on. "Most Thunderbird users seem happy with the basic email feature set. In parallel, we have seen the rising popularity of Web-based forms of communications representing email alternatives to a desktop solution. Given this, focusing on stability for Thunderbird and driving innovation through other offerings seems a natural choice." Makes sense - I mean, there's only so much you can do with something that needs to send and receive mail, and I can't imagine Thunderbird having a lot of users. Strange, almost Microsoftian obtuse announcement, by the way.

http://osnews.com/story/26159/Mozill...on_Thunderbird
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 14:04   #2
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Mileschin View Post
Mozilla has announced it's ceasing development on Thunderbird; one more version will be released, and it'll be security updates from then on. "Most Thunderbird users seem happy with the basic email feature set. In parallel, we have seen the rising popularity of Web-based forms of communications representing email alternatives to a desktop solution. Given this, focusing on stability for Thunderbird and driving innovation through other offerings seems a natural choice." Makes sense - I mean, there's only so much you can do with something that needs to send and receive mail, and I can't imagine Thunderbird having a lot of users. Strange, almost Microsoftian obtuse announcement, by the way.

http://osnews.com/story/26159/Mozill...on_Thunderbird
I do not see this as being a good move, not at all .
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote