It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
The Microsoft Surface Book First Look The Microsoft Surface Book First Look
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Microsoft Surface Book First Look

Old 23rd October 2015, 06:45   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default The Microsoft Surface Book First Look

Today is the official launch day for not only Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4, but also the Surface Book which was announced back at the Microsoft Windows 10 Devices event. There had been rumors of a larger form factor Surface Device, but launching it as a “The Ultimate Laptop” was certainly unexpected. Microsoft has tried to break the mold compared to the standard Windows Ultrabook, with a detachable display, which they call a Clipboard, and an optional GPU in the base. By moving the CPU and other components into the display, it has certainly freed up the base for extra battery capacity as well as the GPU, something that would not be thermally possible in a normal Ultrabook.

I was lucky enough to receive a Surface Book at the event, but the pre-production unit that I received had a defective keyboard. Due to very limited supply initially obtaining a replacement unit was difficult, but Microsoft came through with another sample. Due to the time needed to swap I haven’t had time to do a full review yet, but being that this is the launch day it’s important to offer a preliminary showing on the Surface Book. We have some results for both the base Core i5 model as well as the Core i7 version which comes with the NVIDIA GPU in the base.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9732/t...ook-first-look
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote