It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
The making of the new Damagebox The making of the new Damagebox
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The making of the new Damagebox

Old 2nd November 2005, 18:20   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default The making of the new Damagebox

EVEN THOUGH I run a computer hardware website and spend my days playing with all of the latest goodies, I don't actually upgrade my own PC all that often. I learned long ago not to stick review hardware into my own PC, for fear of messing up the main system on which I do my work. Swapping cutting-edge hardware in and out of your computer constantly is like doing cartwheels on a high wire--you're seriously asking for trouble. Besides, moving all of your stuff from one PC to the next is a trying process, and I'd rather avoid it whenever possible.

My last PC upgrade was just over two years ago, though, and I recently decided that it was time for me to upgrade again. Of course, it didn't hurt that PCs have gained a broad range of nifty new features over the past couple of years. The combination of dual-core processors and Native Command Queuing for SATA hard drives promises new heights of multitasking bliss in desktop PCs, and I can't very well prattle on about the creamy smoothness of SMP without partaking of its delights.

http://techreport.com/etc/2005q4/damagebox/index.x?pg=1

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote