It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
LG gram 17 Review: The Lightest 17-inch Laptop Around LG gram 17 Review: The Lightest 17-inch Laptop Around
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LG gram 17 Review: The Lightest 17-inch Laptop Around

Old 7th March 2019, 08:04   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default LG gram 17 Review: The Lightest 17-inch Laptop Around

LG

Ultralight laptops are nothing new, but it’s unheard of to find a 17-inch laptop this light. If you want a spacious screen and a laptop that’s effortless to lug around it’s tough to beat the LG gram 17.

One of the more unique laptop lineups of the last few years is LG’s gram series which encompasses a range of ultralight laptops. The gram laptops offer high-end internals, great battery life, and—true to their name—the lightest possible weight LG can manage. Previous years have seen 13-, 14-, and 15-inch models, but LG unveiled the 17-inch variant in 2018.

What makes the 17-inch variant remarkable is that it weighs in at 2.95 pounds. To put that in perspective, Dell’s much-loved (and tiny) Dell XPS 13—one of the top-rated lightweight laptops around—weighs 2.65 pounds. For a scant 0.3 pound increase, the gram 17 gives you a radically bigger screen and a spacious keyboard.

I recently purchased the LG gram 17 and have been using it as my sole computer for a month. It marries a lot of what I’ve been desiring in a computer: a giant screen (large enough that I don’t even bother with an external monitor anymore), enough power for some of the heavier tasks I use a computer for, and great battery life. More than anything else though, the lightweight makes make it super easy to keep in my backpack without straining myself, and it makes it a joy to get the laptop out of my bag and start working.

https://www.reviewgeek.com/12991/lg-...laptop-around/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote