It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Lenovo + IBM = Cool new hardware for the US Market Lenovo + IBM = Cool new hardware for the US Market
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lenovo + IBM = Cool new hardware for the US Market

Old 4th May 2005, 15:04   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Default Lenovo + IBM = Cool new hardware for the US Market

I just returned from a trip to China to review Lenovo’s recent purchase of IBM’s personal computer division. This was my first trip to China, which clearly is a progressive country advancing at a breakneck pace, and the West should be aware of this growing competition. However, for the consumer it means that lower-cost products of adequate quality will be increasingly coming out of the country (much like it was with Japan in the 1960s and 1970s)—and some of the stuff is actually very exciting.

Quality

One of the big concerns surrounding Chinese goods is the impression that the quality is sub-standard. Waking around the streets of Beijing, you can see how that impression is generated by the knock-off products sold there. If you weren’t an expert, you could easily be taken by a sub-standard product in an attractive package. For instance, I was able to buy three fake Rolex Watches and a nice pack of greeting cards for $12. Before I even made it to the bus, one of the watches had stopped working and I wasn’t able to figure out how to set any of them.

However, if you were careful on the streets, you could find goods that were of a quality equal to almost anything in the world!"

http://news.designtechnica.com/talkback52.html

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote