It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Jetway NC98-525-LF mITX Motherboard review Jetway NC98-525-LF mITX Motherboard review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Jetway NC98-525-LF mITX Motherboard review

Old 4th September 2010, 15:55   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Jetway NC98-525-LF mITX Motherboard review

In the early days of the Intel Atom, despite being a low cost platform, many users found themselves wanting more than what the GMA950 integrated graphics are able to provide. Thankfully for us, NVIDIA stepped into the scene with the ION -- which opened up many new doors for many netbook, nettop and integrated system users alike. The NVIDIA ION platform not only allowed for better graphics performance, but also took some pressure off the CPU to make your overall system run smoother. Of course, with the introduction of the new Pineview core Intel Atom processors, users were again yearning for something better than the graphics performance of the Intel GMA 3150 -- and once again NVIDIA has stepped up to the plate with the NVIDIA ION 2. Whoops, did I just say NVIDIA ION 2? As far as I know, NVIDIA marketing would like the media to use only "Next-Generation ION" or "Next-Generation NVIDIA ION Graphics", and explicitly told us to refrain from mentioning NVIDIA ION 2 or the codename of the chip (Which is GT218, by the way) in our review for some marketing mumbo jumbo purposes. This is all fine and dandy and all, except what would we call the NVIDIA ION 3 when it is released? "Next-Next-Generation ION"? How about the ION 4? (Sorry guys, Powerade already stole that name.) While I would love to call the NVIDIA *** * "Next-Generation ION" as much as I can, at the end of the day it still seems downright silly to me. Since companies these days are so intrigued by particles and related terms such as 'Atom' and 'Ion', I'd like to take the liberty and make up my own name here instead. Guys, say hello to the NVIDIA Proton. Now that we have clarified that part, let's get onto the meat of our review. Today, we will be taking a look at another product from Jetway, a company renowned for their mITX products that has become ever so popular among system builders and enthusiasts. The Jetway NC98-525-LF mini-ITX motherboard features the newest Atom D525 dual core processor and NVIDIA Proton graphics to take it to a promising new level of performance. Let us take a look at just how much better the Jetway NC98-525-LF in conjunction with NVIDIA Proton graphics compares against its predecessors.

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/jetway_nc98_525_lf