It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel’s dual-core Presler has stability issue Intel’s dual-core Presler has stability issue
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel’s dual-core Presler has stability issue

Old 16th November 2005, 17:56   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Intel’s dual-core Presler has stability issue

Sampling Intel’s 65nm dual-core Presler processors has revealed some stability problems, according to unspecified motherboard makers, adding that the problematic CPUs include the 2.8GHz 920 and 3.0GHz 930 series. Launch of end products based on the Intel Presler core may be pushed back from the January 2006 date originally scheduled by system vendors, the makers noted.

Samples of Intel’s next-generation Yonah processors, on the other hand, also built using the 65nm manufacturing process, have gone through tests smoothly, the makers indicated. Launch of dual-core Yonah-based products is expected to take place in January of next year as originally planned, the makers added.

In related news, motherboard makers express optimism about shipments in the fourth quarter of this year because supply of entry-level chipsets have improved due to more output from Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) and VIA Technologies and Intel’s recent move of restarting the production of its 865GV chipset line.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20051115A7035.html
Old 17th November 2005, 11:43   #2
TaN00Ki

LMAO. After not beeing able to make 64bits CPU, now that.

Inovate, don't immitate...

Didn't they call back a batch of CPU's like last year ?

I just don't understand why poeple keep on buying Intel.
Not meaning to launch another AMD/Intel war, but REALLY intel's cpu are more expensive and perform less when fair compared.

CPU clock is not all that matter poeple, don't get fooled.

I'd be very interested in seeing an amd/intel 64bits cpu's compare test if intel can make a 64bits cpu one day...
Old 19th November 2005, 05:18   #3
Stone

I had a LONG hiatus between getting into computers... as in my first computer was a Vic 20, and then it was a 486DX50 with a whopping 300 MEG HD, lol. Anyhow, when I bought a computer about 4 years ago, I didn't know a whole lot about the current state, but I did know that I wanted at least a 2gig clock. Fortunatly, it turned out to be a AMD2800, in (UNfortunatly) a HP 734n. Long story short, I've been with AMD ever since, like my AMD64 3000 (socket 754, I'm cheap ) that will take an overclock to 2.4gig if I have the need for speed... or is just happy at it's 2gig stock speed. All in all, I will continue to stick to AMD. They're stable, inexpensive... and 9 times out of 10 will beat the hell out of an Intel.

:grin:
Old 19th November 2005, 07:47   #4

Sidney Freshly Registered

You have missed some of the good days Intel has to offer, which is 9 out of 10 days in the last 25 years

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2005, 09:53   #5
TaN00Ki

The old jew is tired, let him retire and let AMD rock away.
Old 19th November 2005, 13:33   #6

The Senile Doctor Freshly Registered

that's true, dfon't forget the northwood era befoe athlon64... we all ran 1.8's or 2.0 running over 3ghz...
and they destroyed athlon xp's...
The Senile Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote