It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Intel’s Core M Strategy: CPU Specifications for 9mm Fanless Tablets and 2-in-1 Device Intel’s Core M Strategy: CPU Specifications for 9mm Fanless Tablets and 2-in-1 Device
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Intel’s Core M Strategy: CPU Specifications for 9mm Fanless Tablets and 2-in-1 Device

Old 8th September 2014, 07:53   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Intel’s Core M Strategy: CPU Specifications for 9mm Fanless Tablets and 2-in-1 Device

Continuing our coverage of Intel’s 14nm Technology, another series of press events held by Intel filled out some of the missing details behind the strategy of their Core M platform. Core M is the moniker for what will be the Broadwell-Y series of processors, following on from Haswell-Y, and it will be the first release of Intel’s 14nm technology. The drive to smaller, low powered fanless devices that still deliver a full x86 platform as well as the performance beyond that of a smartphone or tablet is starting to become a reality. Even reducing the size of the CPU package in all dimensions to allow for smaller devices, including reducing the z-height from 1.5mm to 1.05 mm is part of Intel’s solution, giving a total die area 37% smaller than Haswell-Y.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8475/i...anless-tablets
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote