Ice Storm Fighters - New Multi-Core Game Benchmark by Futuremark
Ice Storm Fighters is based on a multi-threaded game engine developed by Futuremark*, makers of the 3DMark* and PCMark* series of benchmarks. The Ice Storm Fighters game engine technology demo features
* Artificial Intelligence (AI) : Uses the Co-operative Optimizing Planner (COP) algorithms to determine movement paths for the game units. Each unit takes into account the objective, the location, positions of other units, physical obstacles etc. before determining the path.
* Physics using PhysX* API physics engine and custom physics code, which enables
* Characters with individually modeled body parts for more life-like features
* Advanced physics modeling of missile contrails, smoke and other particle effects
* Calculates thrust, gravity, acceleration of the hovercraft
* Improved decal modeling of explosions and footprints in the snow
Ice Storm Fighters is based on a multi-threaded game engine, and its performance scales with the number of processor cores as well as other PC platform components. Using a technique called "n-number threading," the Ice Storm Fighters game engine will generate as many threads as there are CPU cores present on the system.
Ice Storm Fighters is intended to be a forward-looking game engine technology demo for Intel platforms. Here are the system requirements:
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6700 or Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 processorQuad-Core CPU for “Demo-high” mode features & capabilities, dual-core Intel CPU for “Demo-low” mode features & capabilities
Graphics Card: Support DirectX* 9.0 Shader Model 3 required. nVidia* geForce* 6 series (minimum), 7 series (recommended), ATI* Radeon* 1650 or higher
Memory: 1GB or higher
More information at: http://www.intelcapabilitiesforum.net/ISF_demo?s=a
|All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:19.|
Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO