It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7 Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7

Old 8th July 2010, 16:20   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Gigabyte 890FXA-UD7

It has been a while since I played with a top end AMD CPU. Sure I've played with a few AMD CPUs here and there, but they were mainstream CPUs and not AMD top end counter parts. Even then, I was limited to what I could do because they were not my personal CPU. Well, my dad picked himself up an AMD 1055T Thuban six core CPU, and I happened to have one of Gigabyte’s flagship motherboard, the 890FXA-UD7.

The 890FXA-UD7 has four unique features that I personally like to see on a motherboard. One of these features is the use of SATA 3 (SATA 6 Gb/s), USB 3 and USB Power 3 (Gigabyte’s very own '333' design). This motherboard is one of the few motherboards that can fully support AMD/ATI’s four-way CrossfireX. You just have to make sure you have a large enough chassis. Because the 890FXA-UD7 is so huge, out of four different chassis I had floating around here, the only chassis that could remotely fit this motherboard was the Raven RV-02 from Silverstone (review can be found HERE). But even then, it was a tight fit.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1872