It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Facebook freaks me out Facebook freaks me out
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Facebook freaks me out

Old 28th March 2014, 07:30   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Facebook freaks me out

Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson is furious that the 3D Oculus Rift outfit has fallen into the paws of Facebook.

Persson tweeted that in light of the Facebook acquisition, he's cancelled a deal he and his company Mojang were working on to bring Minecraft to Oculus VR.P

He said: “We were in talks about maybe bringing a version of Minecraft to Oculus. I just cancelled that deal. Facebook creeps me out.”

There is an existing mod that lets you play Minecraft in Oculus Rift and it looks good, though it's not official.

Writing in his bog, Persson said that Oculus wanted Minecraft, but he did not really think that it fitted the platform because it is very motion based, runs on java and has a hard time delivering rock solid 90 fps.

He thought it would be cool to do a slimmed down version of Minecraft for the Oculus. Something free, similar to the Minecraft PI Edition. And then, not two weeks later, Facebook bought them.

Persson does not mince his words about Facebook. He said that it is not a company of grass-roots tech enthusiasts or even a game tech company.

“Facebook has a history of caring about building user numbers, and nothing but building user numbers. People have made games for Facebook platforms before, and while it worked great for a while, they were stuck in a very unfortunate position when Facebook eventually changed the platform to better fit the social experience they were trying to build,” he wrote.

http://news.techeye.net/business/facebook-freaks-me-out
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote