It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Custom ROM makers already updating devices to Android 4.4.3 Custom ROM makers already updating devices to Android 4.4.3
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Custom ROM makers already updating devices to Android 4.4.3

Old 6th June 2014, 10:01   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default Custom ROM makers already updating devices to Android 4.4.3

Android's biggest weakness is the horrible upgrade situation. Where iOS and Windows Phone users are generally always running the latest version, Android users generally have to settle for whatever version the likes of Samsung and HTC bothered to release for their device. This is a horrible situation for developers and user alike, and, in my view, should be Google's number one priority. Unless, of course, you're running a custom ROM. This morning my Find 5 greeted me with an update notification, but that's normal - I get a new OmniROM OTA delta update every morning. This time, however, something was different: the version number clearly stated this update would bump my Find 5 from Android 4.4.2 to 4.4.3. As it turns out, the OmniROM team is already pushing 4.4.3 to all the devices it officially supports (52 phones and tablets). A mere three days after Google pushed 4.4.3 to AOSP. Thanks to the tireless work of our own Xplodwild, Omni has now merged the changes to Android 4.4.3, and these will be rolling out in nightly builds for the 5th June. As I write this, builds are scheduled to start in around 20 minutes or so, and will appear at our download pages once they are completed. They will also be available through Omni's inbuilt delta OTA updater, as always. This is just one of the many, many reasons you should be running a custom ROM. Aside form the fact that a proper custom ROM is lighter and cleaner than the crappy OEM ROMs, they are also more secure because they tend to be up-to-date. In addition, warranty is not an issue because, at least in the EU, rooting and custom ROMs do not void your warranty.

http://osnews.com/story/27768/Custom...ndr oid_4_4_3
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote