It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Cooler Master Unleashes the COSMOS S Chassis (Updated: With Reviews) Cooler Master Unleashes the COSMOS S Chassis (Updated: With Reviews)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cooler Master Unleashes the COSMOS S Chassis (Updated: With Reviews)

Old 23rd February 2008, 12:41   #21
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiakes View Post

Dirtier quicker? Yes. Significantly so? No.

from http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...&articID=5 73

from http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=get...&articID=20 8

different PCs cases in different houses, both in places where room is dusted/vacuumed/cleaned every week!

Now a case without dust filters, left to its own for several months (years?) will end up like this:

Old 23rd February 2008, 13:06   #22
Faiakes

You mean modify the existing one?
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:14   #23
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Every electronic device in the consumer market comes with a housing, case, just to protect them. I know, I've been caseless on my phase change cooled setup for quite a long time, but even the smallest accident can quickly turn your pc into dead silicium. You have drinks around your pc I presume? Kids nearby? Animals? A wife that cleans the house
I always double check my open air configs before going live, you just never know

Safety aside, a well designed case looks a lot better then an open test bench.

geoffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:25   #24
Faiakes

No kids, pets, wife.
Drinks don't get too close either and when they do only bottles are aloud, not glasses.

The thing is hardly anyone comes close to my PC, so it is safe in that respect.
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:59   #25
Madshrimp

but you can agree that a case is more useful for the general public
Old 24th February 2008, 20:50   #26
Kougar

Another point that should be made is the tech station doesn't ground anything. With a PC case, everything is grounded so you can touch the case before working on anything in the PC, although I guess you can touch the PSU directly for the same effect. Still, I'd worry about brushing against something with a sleeve and shorting it. And while usually not a problem on high quality motherboards, I've read about cheap ones requiring grounding to the case to work properly!

I dunno about you but my DVD drives sound rather loud to me, NB fan on one of my boards is also excessively loud. Ignoring the rest of its faults, my P180 does a great job muffling those along with anything else I decide to use in it.

Back on topic however... are there any reviews that actually USE watercooling for the Cosmos S? Not even Bittech's review photographs the possible tri-radiator mount... if the case is perfect for watercoolers then I'd certainly like to see at least one review using watercooling.
Old 24th February 2008, 21:13   #27
[M] Reviewer

geoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registeredgeoffrey Fully Registered

Very unusual as the AC ground is mostly connected to the DC 0V line, your mainboard is 'grounded' via the screws it is being installed with.
Old 24th February 2008, 22:13   #28
Madshrimp

that's in case the system is inside an enclosure, the tech station PSU is not in contact with any metal
Old 24th February 2008, 22:27   #29
[M] Reviewer

The case is connected to the mainboard via screws, via the mainboard 0V line the case is connected to the DC 0V line comming out of your PSU, and the DC 0V line is simply connected to AC ground. It is, more or less, grounded. At least, that's what my multimeter is telling me
Old 24th February 2008, 22:41   #30
Madshrimp

Tech station != case, look at what material is used