It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Cooler Master HAF X Reviews Cooler Master HAF X Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cooler Master HAF X Reviews

Old 26th May 2010, 15:39   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Icon17 Cooler Master HAF X Reviews

Cooler Master also did a very good job with the new additions and in my opinion, one of the best is the new hot swap bays. These new bays allow for easy installation of two SSDs or HDDs thought the front bezel. When connected, the drives are actually attached directly to the motherboard via the circuit board, so there is no reduction in performance when using your hard drive via the bays.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi..._master_haf_x/
Old 26th May 2010, 15:40   #2
Madshrimp

Coming hot off the heels of the amazing 690 II Advanced, Cooler Master introduced today their newest case the HAF X. We have spent some time with both their HAF 932 AMD Edition and HAF 922, both getting some of our highest ratings. When the HAF X came in I was excited to find out how Cooler Master improved on the popular HAF design. Let’s jump in and take a look.

http://lanoc.org/review/hardware/cas...r-master-haf-x
Old 26th May 2010, 15:40   #3
Madshrimp

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Ha...r_master_hafx/

"As far as performance goes the HAFX earned its place on the top of the charts! Cooler Master took High AirFlow to a whole new level, which gave the HAFX the ability to completely crush the competition."
Old 26th May 2010, 15:40   #4
Madshrimp

While the HAF X is what we would call a pre-modded case there are still plenty of modding opportunities available. Some of these modifications are fairly simple such as watercooling installs, fan swaps, and custom paint, while others may require more work.
http://www.ninjalane.com/reviews/cases/cm-hafx
Old 26th May 2010, 15:40   #5
Madshrimp

Around the globe a select few sites were granted the opportunity to have a sneak peak at Cooler Master’s latest entry into the full tower chassis market. I’m sure between all the news and videos abound, you have a good idea of the basic ideas of what this new chassis has to offer. If this is completely new to you at this point, don’t worry; I will cover this chassis just as if it was a full review. Keep in mind; this chassis is a pre-release and there are some changes already in the making for the actual retail product that will fill shelves soon.

Cooler Master has had great success with the HAF series of chassis’. Personally I wasn’t a fan of the exterior of the 932, as it reminded me of a gas can they used to strap to the back of a WWII era Jeep. In defense of the case, it still offered plenty of options and a bunch of good air flow. On the flip side, I did have the chance to review the 932’s little brother, the 922. In my opinion the 922 had the better looks of the two and it kept most of the same features. Large fans, water cooling potential, tool-less operation are all what made the 932 and 922 a success and those ideas aren’t lost here.

For more information, please visit - http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/330...iew/index.html
Old 26th May 2010, 16:15   #6
Kougar

Looks like they fixed so many of the small issues found on the HAF 932 case, and made it bigger. Quite a few nice, small improvements.

Nine expansion slots means this case should technically fit even the EVGA SR-2 superboard. Two 200mm fans at the top means it can very likely fit a triple-140mm radiator with minimal modding required and no airflow impairment. Front USB 3 ports are a nice touch.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:30   #7
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered

Interesting, some reviews don't even have temperatures listed, and are well known review websites.
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 17:49   #8
Madshrimp

that's why it's important to do as broad a product test as possible. We've seen case "reviews" pass by where they didn't even install hardware in them... like testing a car by opening the doors and trunk and making your judgment
Old 27th May 2010, 01:02   #9
Kougar

Pretty much. Most of the reviews weren't more than unboxing with poor / or not enough photos. Only one of the reviews even took a shot of the two top 200mm fan mounts from above/below.

Going by tweaktown, these were just previews and the finished design hasn't been seen yet.

I can't wait to see these on the shelves, I'd like to check one out, or see some modders installing triple 140 rads into 'em.