It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition computer case review Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition computer case review
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition computer case review

Old 10th January 2011, 13:28   #1
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation
Default Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition computer case review

Here is a little confession I would like to make before I begin this review for the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition ATX computer case today: The computer I use it with does not have an NVIDIA video card, an NVIDIA chipset, or any NVIDIA components, for that matter. In fact, my Asus P7P55D-E Premium has an Intel P55 chipset, and my graphics card happens to be -- you guessed it -- an AMD chipset based, factory overclocked Gigabyte Radeon 6850 1GB. This means the only NVIDIA related thing I have is the big NVIDIA logo Cooler Master slapped on the front panel of the 690 II Advanced chassis in lieu of the Cooler Master logo with the regular version of this case. So why an NVIDIA special edition case? If you remember my Thermaltake Armor A90 review back in July of 2010, I have pretty specific preferences and requirements in this area. The regular Cooler Master 690 II Advanced with the optional transparent side panel comes close to what I want, but I don't like the side fan opening on it. Therefore, when I first read about the Cooler Master 690 II Advanced NVIDIA Edition from the company's press release, I thought about it. It does not have a side fan opening, but now it comes with a rather unique transparent side panel -- and a lot of green. Half of you out there are probably thinking I have gone nuts and wondering why in the world I would pick up something so, well, frankly, ugly. But I trusted my instincts and guessed it probably appears better in real life execution than it does in photos. So how did it turn out? Read on to find out!

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/coole...nvidia_edition