It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Compact Flash Card Round-Up Compact Flash Card Round-Up
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Compact Flash Card Round-Up

Old 1st January 2006, 20:48   #1

Sidney Freshly Registered
Compact Flash Card Round-Up

I’d like to answer one question that I think many amateur and even some professional photographers have. What kind of performance can you expect in a real-world situation from various Compact Flash (CF) cards? The reason this issue is important is that the price varies for CF cards of different brands and speed ratings. I will attempt to find out what benefit higher-speed CF cards actually have under various circumstances, and going a step further, I will find out if there is any bottleneck incurred when transferring data via card readers or directly from cameras. I have rounded up 8 CF cards from various vendors with various speed-ratings, as well as 4 different card readers, and I’m ready to put them through their paces.

Article Link:
http://www.thetechlounge.com/articles.php?id=245

Opteron 165 (2) @2.85 1.42 vcore AMD Stock HSF + Chill Vent II
Sidney is offline   Reply With Quote