It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
Bringing Home The Bass: 2.1-Channel Speaker Roundup Bringing Home The Bass: 2.1-Channel Speaker Roundup
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bringing Home The Bass: 2.1-Channel Speaker Roundup

Old 9th January 2011, 06:46   #1
Shogun

Default Bringing Home The Bass: 2.1-Channel Speaker Roundup

Is it just us, or are 5.1- and 7.1-channel speaker systems impractical for PCs? In our 2.1 speaker roundup, we look at the Corsair SP2500 and Antec/Soundscience Rockus 3D|2.1, along with the Creative Gigaworks 3D, Klipsch Promedia 2.1, and Logitech Z623.

If you’re a PC user who hasn’t experienced what a subwoofer can do, you owe it to yourself to try one out. Strong bass brings incredible power to game sounds, and extends the range of music much lower than a two-speaker setup can achieve. If you want to feel those explosions and rhythms, a subwoofer isn’t an option. It’s a necessity.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ofer,2835.html
Old 10th January 2011, 13:13   #2

blackened Fully Registeredblackened Fully Registeredblackened Fully Registeredblackened Fully Registeredblackened Fully Registeredblackened Fully Registeredblackened Fully Registeredblackened Fully Registered
Default $150 and up?

I dont really get the point of this review.. I understand the point of only getting a 2.1 system for a PC, but reviewing several products that start out at $150 and only do 2.1? Why anyone would spend that much on a speaker setup and NOT have surround sound, no matter the use.. I am personally using an analog Creative Labs 5.1 setup on my rather tiny desk with one speaker sitting on each corner.. I tend the knock over the "rear" speakers which sit right next to me on the front corners about once a month.. It was an open box special at Best Buy like 5 years ago and cost me $19.99.. When I want better quality I output it to the receiver in my entertainment center.. Maybe Im just cheap?
blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 13:29   #3
Madshrimp

jmke has disabled reputation

have a 5.1 also, and although I don't have them set up in a 5.1 layout, they work better than a classic 2.1 setup as there's just more speaker to go around
only crappy thing is if you're watching movies or playing games which support 5.1 and you hook up headphones to the Creative THX works 5.1 setup, it doesn't revert to 2 speaker playback, but remains in 5.1, this means in movies: no speech as that's the center speaker