It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
BlackBerry 10, the waiting and the damage done BlackBerry 10, the waiting and the damage done
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BlackBerry 10, the waiting and the damage done

Old 6th February 2013, 08:11   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default BlackBerry 10, the waiting and the damage done

I've never been a BlackBerry user. But I've seriously considered one at a few points over the years, and I've been genuinely curious to see how the first BlackBerry 10 device fares. Last week's launch event didn't sell me on one, but I'm still curious to try it. Unfortunately for BlackBerry, née RIM, the event also served to again highlight some of the problems that have plagued the company in recent years.

You'll get different opinions about when those problems really started, but you can directly trace last week's launch event back to one date almost three years ago: April 9th, 2010. That's when RIM announced it was buying QNX Software Systems, the company whose operating system would ultimately provide the basis for BlackBerry 10 (and the PlayBook before it). At the time, the acquisition didn't signal a massive shift for RIM -- it mostly talked up things like in-car infotainment systems and "intelligent peripherals."

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/05/e...e-damage-done/
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote