It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
AOC i2353Ph - IPS for a nice, low price AOC i2353Ph - IPS for a nice, low price
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AOC i2353Ph - IPS for a nice, low price

Old 30th January 2012, 07:14   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default AOC i2353Ph - IPS for a nice, low price

For most people seeking accurate color reproduction and wide viewing angles, IPS has been the screen technology of choice for years now. The main issues against IPS have typically been response time for gamers, a higher black level than VA technologies, and more prominently cost. More and more vendors have been introducing e-IPS displays, which is a more transparent version of IPS that allows for the use of lower powered backlights, lowering the cost to consumers. The tradeoff is that this does have a negative effect on contrast shifts in the panel when viewed at an angle, though color shifts still are not present.

There was a bit of chatter this past fall when AOC introduced the i2353 display, which is an LED backlit IPS panel with an MSRP under $200. Had the prices of IPS panels and components finally fallen to the point where they would be able to start forcing companies to transition to them away from TN for their affordable monitor lines? To find out if the AOC monitor was still able to offer a good level of performance at this price point we requested a review sample, which they quickly provided.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5469/a...nice-low-price
Stefan Mileschin is online now   Reply With Quote