It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

Go Back [M] > Madshrimps > WebNews
AMD’s Enduro 5.5 Public Beta Driver Available AMD’s Enduro 5.5 Public Beta Driver Available
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AMD’s Enduro 5.5 Public Beta Driver Available

Old 27th September 2012, 09:05   #1
[M] Reviewer

Stefan Mileschin Freshly Registered
Default AMD’s Enduro 5.5 Public Beta Driver Available

About three weeks ago, I met with AMD to go over some concerns with their Enduro graphics switching technology. At the time, AMD gave me a preview release of their Mobility Catalyst driver and promised a public beta by the end of October. We’re over a month ahead of that schedule, and today I received an email from AMD indicating the Catalyst 12.9 Beta for laptops is officially available.

I’m still working on the final review of the Clevo P170EM with 7970M from AVADirect, but in the meantime I’ve updated to the 12.9 Beta and everything appears to have gone smoothly. One thing to be aware of is that the current beta may not fix the GPU underutilization issue, particularly with HD 7970M, but AMD is working on a hotfix. They expect that to be released to the public in the next week or two, and they’re offering us a chance to do some early testing of the driver so we’ll be putting it through some tests over the next couple of days.

For all of you that have Enduro/PowerXpress 4.0 or later laptops and have been waiting for a driver update, head on over to AMD’s site and grab the latest beta. If you give it a shot and have a minute, post your comments on how the new drivers work (or don’t?) on your laptop. We’d love to get a collection of testing results from a wider variety of hardware than what we currently have on hand.

http://anandtech.feedsportal.com/c/3...le/story01.htm
Stefan Mileschin is offline   Reply With Quote